Livery

Started by NZelenkova, September 19, 2026, 07:11:16 AM

NZelenkova

I've been away for a while. Where are people getting liveries these days? I remember we used to have a thread where you could post your idea and people with the proper skills would generously build one for you. I suspect the answer is AI but I am extremely opposed to that option and much prefer a more home-made aesthetic.
Doing the Impossible for Over a Decade, Resident Commie Plane Enthusiast

JJ

The simplest manual way is still to download one of the livery templates and edit it using a paint program that supports .psd files / layers (Photoshop, Gimp etc)

The biggest public resource for templates is currently here:
https://airline-club.fandom.com/wiki/Airline_livery_bases

Though a few links for more niche type have been down for ages.

After that you can even ask AI to put your designed livery onto an actual photo!


NZelenkova

That's the thing... I'm adamantly opposed to using AI. I miss when we had people with actual skill who could generate logos and liveries based on ideas.
Doing the Impossible for Over a Decade, Resident Commie Plane Enthusiast

JJ

Same here, but even 5 years ago I seem to remember only a small handful of people who were actually doing livery requests. So maybe that pool of skill + spare time was always in short supply  :-\

That being said, if livery design was made to be a much more active part of the game then it could be more popular. Like Airline Empires has an active livery design community (who made most of those templates) for that exact reason. I've never played there myself but I do know they offer airline galleries and host design contests etc.