Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Combiplane Payload vs Range Volume Issue  (Read 313 times)

Offline tungstennedge

• Members
Combiplane Payload vs Range Volume Issue
« on: December 20, 2019, 07:28:27 PM »
I operate around 500 DC10-c and am replacing them with md11-c. However there is a major problem, due to the MD-11 having higher range, many payload are going from weight limited to volume limited. This produces a really strange effect where even if I selected 30%/40%/30% for each respective cargo capacity, in reality I get something like 10%30%60%. This already happened on closer range dc10-c for me which are get to 50%30%20% which results in an even splitting of cargo capacity.

Now I have to edit thousands of routes to adjust these cargo capacities unless I dont want light cargo.

Can anyone think of a way to fix this without editing thousands of routes? Also I feel like the way something is calculated is very strange since I did select 30%40%30% cargo by mass and got something completely different. I feel like the way this is calculated is flawed since what it actually ended up doing is splitting demand by volume and that's misleading and not really correct. The calculation method should be smarter to always split cargo capacities to the percentages specified and take whatever payload it can according to those percentages, to avoid this kind of issue.

Any thoughts?

Tungstennedge

Offline DanDan

• Members
Re: Combiplane Payload vs Range Volume Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 08:41:18 PM »
I operate around 500 DC10-c and am replacing them with md11-c. However there is a major problem, due to the MD-11 having higher range, many payload are going from weight limited to volume limited. This produces a really strange effect where even if I selected 30%/40%/30% for each respective cargo capacity, in reality I get something like 10%30%60%. This already happened on closer range dc10-c for me which are get to 50%30%20% which results in an even splitting of cargo capacity.

Now I have to edit thousands of routes to adjust these cargo capacities unless I dont want light cargo.

Can anyone think of a way to fix this without editing thousands of routes? Also I feel like the way something is calculated is very strange since I did select 30%40%30% cargo by mass and got something completely different. I feel like the way this is calculated is flawed since what it actually ended up doing is splitting demand by volume and that's misleading and not really correct. The calculation method should be smarter to always split cargo capacities to the percentages specified and take whatever payload it can according to those percentages, to avoid this kind of issue.

Any thoughts?

Tungstennedge

well.... you can ask sami to stop annoying people with the volume-weight conversion thing - plus route multiupdate would be nice (its the same flight on every weekday, just 7 different planes flying!!!).

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
This sort of thing would be a feature request. Give it a few years and a couple skeleton "still waiting memes" and it may just happen  ;D

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:31:35 PM »
it's QoL so zero priority...

;-((( S

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »
I seem to recall having similar issues with VC10F, where volume limitation resulted some strange results.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.