Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Speed Up Delivery of New Aircraft  (Read 848 times)

Offline Tuckernut

• Members
Speed Up Delivery of New Aircraft
« on: December 08, 2019, 02:24:07 PM »
I have noticed that whenever I order a bunch of new aircraft for delivery, they are spread out to schedule deliver at a rate of one, two or rarely, three aircraft per month.  Usually there are numerous green slots showing spaces available for earlier delivery positions.

Has anyone considered making it an option--at an additional charge--to speed up delivery or to even select your own deliver slots?  Frequently I need new planes faster than the current arrangement allows.

Also, when a carrier cancels delivery for whatever reason can these slots be made available again for delivery?

Just an idea for the group to think about.

Cheers.

Tuckernut

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Speed Up Delivery of New Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 02:29:45 PM »
About your 1st proposal, the feature works as intended. There might be available slots, but they are reserved for potential airlines that would like to place an order. Also, you'll see that the delivery rate is much slower on clogged prod lines than compared to empty ones.
Such proposals have been made before, and Sami refused them.

About the 2nd one, the answer is yes, these slots will be available again a few game days after the airline went belly up or cancelled its order.

Offline Tuckernut

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 03:16:00 PM »
Thanks, my friend.  I could see a scenario (which has been used by some real world airlines) to hog early delivery slots for competitive purposes.  Sometimes the present system forces you to do some interim short-term leasing of a less desirable aircraft type to cover you until new ones arrive.  I was trying to avoid this step.

I appreciate the response.

Tuckernut

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 05:33:32 AM »
Just for reference, what is considered a normal delivery rate for a popular Lg class aircraft in 2010+ game era... ? I never really pay attention to these things ~

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 06:06:52 AM »
Just for reference, what is considered a normal delivery rate for a popular Lg class aircraft in 2010+ game era... ? I never really pay attention to these things ~

Talentz

Depends on the production rate of the production line.  In most common lines for large aircraft, it is 2 to 2.5 deliveries per month.  In case the production line jumps to 60+ aircraft per month, it is theoretically possible to get delivery rate of 3.5 per month, but that's only theoretical.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 06:16:50 AM »
So me getting 4-5 per month is a bug then, or just luck..?

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 06:49:54 AM »
So me getting 4-5 per month is a bug then, or just luck..?

Probably just a series of fortunate events (perhaps line expanding and compressing multiple times, new model launch some years in the future)

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 07:24:28 AM »
On eventless production lines like the A148 or the MRJ, I usually end up with 30 planes per year. If I want more, I need a broker. 4 a month is just probably a serie of compressions, indeed.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 06:00:19 PM »
On eventless production lines like the A148 or the MRJ, I usually end up with 30 planes per year. If I want more, I need a broker. 4 a month is just probably a serie of compressions, indeed.

Yup, 30 is 2.5 per month, which is typical.

With production lines that are 60/month or more, the delivery rate can theoretically jump to 3.5 per month.  Practically, if the production rate is so high, there are probably enough orders in the line that you may not get the ideal compression to the the theoretical 3.5 per month rate.

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 07:08:05 PM »
Yup, 30 is 2.5 per month, which is typical.

With production lines that are 60/month or more, the delivery rate can theoretically jump to 3.5 per month.  Practically, if the production rate is so high, there are probably enough orders in the line that you may not get the ideal compression to the the theoretical 3.5 per month rate.

F100 in GW2/HatF seems to be that nice exception where I'm getting about 3.5/month

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 08:00:02 PM »
F100 in GW2/HatF seems to be that nice exception where I'm getting about 3.5/month

It's not really an exception for medium planes, more like the norm when the the production level is high enough.

Offline Maarten Otto

• Members
    • My photo site

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2019, 09:49:49 AM »
This system was introduced a few years back after players agreed with Sami the then current system was too beneficial for larger airlines and would give smaller airlines or newcomers disproportionate disadvantage, forcing them to pay outrageous fares on the used market or go with a fleet type of questionable economics.

The current system was put in place after player consent and has seen far less disadvantage to new players or smaller airlines. 

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2019, 11:06:18 AM »
It forces the big players to cooperate and broker between themselves...leaving some free slots in the production lines for smaller players.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.