Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: airplane introduction dates  (Read 253 times)

Offline dagwood

• Members
airplane introduction dates
« on: December 04, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
I am working on an airplane introduction list and have some questions about the dates airplanes are introduced.

I started by taking planes that already exist in the GW2 and added them to a spread sheet. (this is the easy part).
Since we are all looking at when new planes will become available, and the information is a little bit uncertain on the newer airplanes, I decided to join a Beginners World and get the intro dates on the newer airplanes directly from the BW. To my surprise, the intro dates on many planes in our GW2 do not match the plane intro dates in the BW.
Does anyone understand why this happens?  Any comments will be appreciated.   

Offline schro

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: airplane introduction dates
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 06:29:31 PM »
Plane launch dates are randomized to be 18 months plus or minus the real life launch date of the type. Each game world will be different. Wackypedia is probably your best bet for finding a lot of values quickly.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:44:45 PM »
https://www.airwaysim.com/game/Manual/Aircraft/New/#ProdSlots

The dynamic production lines in AirwaySim can yield interesting results compared to what has been seen in the reality. In the simulation the players and their airlines get to decide if an aircraft model is successful or not.

Each aircraft model has information about production start and end dates in the master database, these are the real dates of the real aircraft model. For simulation purposes these dates are randomized for each game world with a maximum variation of +/- 1,5 years for each model. This game feature makes the simulation more unpredictable as players cannot know when "their favorite" aircraft model is launched and then wait for that date to come.

Offline dagwood

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 08:14:05 PM »
Thank you for the information.  It makes sense now.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.