Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: airport pie chart - what does it mean?  (Read 631 times)

Offline groundbum2

• Members
airport pie chart - what does it mean?
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:54:23 AM »
On the airport information page there is a pie chart that shows passenger distribution between domestic, international and International Long Haul.

Could somebody in the know describe how these numbers are calculated? I ask as in DoM at LTBA the numbers are
domestic 42.2%
Int          37.2%
LH int      20.2%

which seems totally at odds with what I see when I look at routes from LTBA. For example Turkey has some 10 domestic airports over between 100 and 250 pax, this then drops to 30 pax/day for the final 10 airports.

Yet look in "whole world" up to 2000nm and there are 2 pages of airports above 150 pax/day!
Looking at LH I would suggest there are 20 airports worldwide 100+ pax/day , the rest are all <100.

I would suggest the real numbers are domestic 10%, Int 80%, LH 10%.

So how is the pie chart calculated? I'd put this in bug reports but perhaps the meaning of the pie chart is different from my perceived understanding? Are the pie chart numbers "intent" (ie static and built into the airport design like infra/traffic level) or are they back calculated from actual passenger numbers? (not so as on day 1 the numbers are there..)

Simon
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:56:28 AM by groundbum2 »

Online Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: airport pie chart - what does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »
That's part of the original old demand system and just to give you general information where the demand goes. But it's a static figure defined in the airport database (together with total yearly pax for the airport), and it will be going away with future updates.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.