Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Strange payload limitation  (Read 719 times)

Offline Mayday

• Members
Strange payload limitation
« on: November 21, 2019, 12:48:52 AM »
Can someone explain why I can  have twice the number of px on the way home???
Is it based on the jetstream effect or what?  :o

”This aircraft type may not be able to fly this route with full payload.
Fokker F.27 Mk 200 Friendship: Payload limitation.
LDDU - EIDW : Limited to 14 pax by payload/range.
EIDW - LDDU : Limited to 30 pax by payload/range”

Online Andre090904

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Strange payload limitation
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 01:11:36 AM »
Yes, wind plays a role. Hover over the "?" symbol when creating the route and you will find the "still air distance". That is the actual distance + wind component. So while on one leg you may actually be faster with the wind coming from behind, you will spend more time (and more fuel) flying the other leg. So the capacity decreases.

In general, flying an aircraft up to its limit is always a bit risky. I'd calculate with -10% actual range just to be on the safe side when ordering/deciding for a plane.

Offline Mayday

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 06:04:23 AM »

In general, flying an aircraft up to its limit is always a bit risky. I'd calculate with -10% actual range just to be on the safe side when ordering/deciding for a plane.

Well, yes I just think it is a bit too much compensation with 30/14, but never mind. I skipped that on-limit route. It is tricky with F27’s and a 23-06 curfew at base airport. I only wish i had a few more miles range. I guess it does not make any difference to set limit px to 30 and no cargo? The unused seats will probably not be taken out and no weight reduction?   ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:06:47 AM by Mayday »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 12:36:10 PM »
Yes, no use in doing so.

But even 30 pax on an F.27 is a bit on the edge. While you can definitely make money when fuel is dirt cheap (given you have no competition) in the 60s, it can prove difficult at later stages.

To be a little more precise, 30 pax on a short hop is fine, because shorter routes bring more money, comparatively (though they require proportionally more time spent on the ground in TaT), however 30 pax and burning a lot of fuel...

Offline Mayday

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 05:42:24 AM »
Yes, no use in doing so.

But even 30 pax on an F.27 is a bit on the edge. While you can definitely make money when fuel is dirt cheap (given you have no competition) in the 60s, it can prove difficult at later stages.

To be a little more precise, 30 pax on a short hop is fine, because shorter routes bring more money, comparatively (though they require proportionally more time spent on the ground in TaT), however 30 pax and burning a lot of fuel...

Hi, thanks for advice  ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:13:08 PM by Mayday »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.