Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Buenos Aires  (Read 750 times)

Offline MikeS

• Members
Buenos Aires
« on: November 08, 2019, 02:28:13 PM »
I'm playing in GW1 and was looking at Argentina. There is no domestic traffic to speak of (~ 30 pax to/from Buenos Aires (at both the international EZE and domestic AEP airports)). So was wondering if the situation is the same in other GWs?

Maybe something went wrong during last year August's update:
"Demand distribution for Buenos Aires airports (SABE / SAEZ) updated. [only for new games]"

Cheers!

Mike

Offline MikeS

• Members
Re: Buenos Aires
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 07:34:04 PM »
seems there is not much interest in this. I had a quick look in GW2 and Modern Times and both appear to have very little domestic demand to/ from both BUE airports. Maybe it has always been this way? Shouldn't be ...  but I guess not really worth a bug report.
Mike

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 11:56:55 PM »
Argentina is unplayable. I'm a national and have never ever based there because the demand is ridiculous compared to real life.

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 12:27:46 AM »
Question I've always wondered when I see these threads about X countries...

When ya'll claim X counties is represented poorly, what are we basing this on? Like numbers wise, compared to other counties both larger and similar?

For instance, what was the total trans pax for the country of Argentina in 2018 vs other countries? Are we taking about A380s filling the skies or you just want to compete with the big boys in the wealthier counties?

World travel in general has greatly increased from the mid-to-late 2000s till today (2020). Since most of the base data for the Airport-based demand system is from circa 2010 statistics, its always been assumed that the numbers don't match "today's" performance.

Just wondering out loud I guess...

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Andre090904

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 12:55:24 AM »
Clearly if there isn't demand for a single daily 737 or A320 from Buenos Aires, something is bad. I found these statistics which claim there've been 9 million passengers in 2010 (about 18 million now). Even if we take 9 million (2010) and divide that by 365 days we still get 24.600 daily passengers in the whole of Argentina. There aren't that many big airports in that country. The main airports are the 2 airports in Buenos Aires and secondary ones like Cordoba or Mendoza. So let's divide that 24.600 by maybe 5. Then we still have about 5000 daily passengers for each major airport per day.

Source: https://datos.bancomundial.org/indicador/IS.AIR.PSGR?locations=AR

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 01:03:45 AM »
https://datos.anac.gob.ar/estadisticas/

There's some passenger and flights statistics, provided by ANAC.

Nothing has really changed in terms of demand since 2010, maybe we can say that 2018 and 2019 had some boost in demand with the comings of FlyBondi and Norwegian Argentina. AEP moves around 1 million pax per month nowadays, compared to 740,000 in 2015. And 2015 wasn't very different to 2010 in terms of demand!

That's why I wonder where did AWS got the 2010 stats for Argentina, as they are plainly wrong.

Unfortunately, the documents are only in Spanish. I'm trying to find the English version, if there's one...

I can help with the Spanish version though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:13:58 AM by ArcherII »

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 02:01:00 AM »
in the game if you take Cordoba for example (Argentina's second most significant city?), demand to almost all major airports in South America is more than double than that to the country's own capital Buenos Aires !

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.