Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Lease Expired - Show Seat Config  (Read 500 times)

Offline MikeS

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Lease Expired - Show Seat Config
« on: October 17, 2019, 03:18:41 PM »
Sometimes I find myself unable to login for a day and when I get back there are a few aircraft whose lease expired. It's quite a headache to re lease similar aircraft and re apply the routes especially when you need to guess your previous seat configuration of each aircraft.

Could the "Lease Expired" message please include the seat configuration!

Thanks a million!

Mike

Offline Cornishman

• Members
Re: Lease Expired - Show Seat Config
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 06:55:13 PM »
Best way for this to be managed, when we offer an aircraft up for sale or lease, if there was a tick-box available to state "aircraft should be reconfigured back to current if returned from lease". That way we get the automatic ability to control this. In any RL lease agreement you would be able to stipulate that as one of the contract terms.

Offline MikeS

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 09:35:56 PM »
This is what we get when lease expires and the aircraft leaves the fleet:

"Fleet Manager: I-FKCE Lease expired   13-Jun-1985   
Message from Fleet Manager

The lease period of your Fokker F.28 Mk 1000 Fellowship aircraft (I-FKCE) has expired. This aircraft has been returned back to the lessor and it is no longer usable by your airline."

When this happens I need to go on the used market and hope to find a similar aircraft and lease it to fill the gap. However I used 3 different seat layouts extensively for my F.28-1000 fleet. So which one was it? I need to check the un-flown routes and guess from demand and pricing what the correct seat config was. It's a chore!

If it only happens to one aircraft every once in a while it's doable. I just had the mess of ~10 aircraft at once (didn't sign in for a day and a half...) and just feel like giving up.....

Mike
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 09:39:59 PM by MikeS »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 10:43:16 AM »
I'm running more and more streamlined and stanradized seatings, but for smaller companies, finely tuned seatings can be the difference between life and death. I support this measure.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.