Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: why some airlines can fly 5175NM flight daily?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Napob

• Members
why some airlines can fly 5175NM flight daily?
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:59:19 AM »
hello im from beginer1
i have found others player can fly using A333 from NRT-LHR daily, schedualing for 1 aircraft.
is it a bug and how can i operate a route like this?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: why some airlines can fly 5175NM flight daily?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71633.0.html

Especially my second post(the first one covers basics, which you probably already know about) - explains the 7-days, 7-planes schedule, which allows this kind of scheduling. Be sure to ask any questions you might need to understand fully the principle.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:06:43 AM »
Yes, take a look at Gazzz' tutorial. But even so, it's a bit complicated to understand at the beginning, so don't be afraid to ask.
And indeed, that's (90% of the time) the only way to be profitable with LH.

Offline Napob

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »
I got it. Thanks you guys.

Offline Tuckernut

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 06:59:43 PM »
The seven airplane idea works well except that it requires a large outlay of cash and unless purchased, the two planes every two weeks rule means a slow buildup of metal.  Personally, I found the two airplane, every other day plan equally effective and then as my fleet slowly builds I squeeze the seventh flight into a third airplane.  The seven aircraft model does offer the ability to carefully build a tight schedule with very little "white blocks" to diminish air time.  The seven airplane scenario is better further into the game when you have more available cash.  And as a side note--I have discovered that if you pick the wrong base city, it costs as much for a takeoff and landing slot for a B717 as it does for a B777.  Ouch!

Tuckernut aka John

Offline knobbygb

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 09:17:04 PM »
the two planes every two weeks rule means a slow buildup of metal.

Well, you can acquire 3 every eight days, so it's quite a but more than that.

The seven airplane scenario is better further into the game when you have more available cash.

It's easier later into the game but I'd argue more important at the start.  Later, when you have all that spare cash, things aren't so critical. Every $ you can squeeze out of each aircraft is vitally important in the early stages. It can be frustrating setting things up properly at the start, but quite possible and well worth the effort with some forward planning.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 06:02:27 AM »
It's easier later into the game but I'd argue more important at the start.  Later, when you have all that spare cash, things aren't so critical. Every $ you can squeeze out of each aircraft is vitally important in the early stages. It can be frustrating setting things up properly at the start, but quite possible and well worth the effort with some forward planning.

Absolutely true. One of the reasons I managed to stay alive during a race to death challenge in a previous GW was because all my planes were on 7-D with overnight flights, LH, MH, but even SH.

The extra money I made at night through a very high fleet use, my competitor didn't.

Online Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 04:53:32 PM »
It's still very easy, right from day 1 to start creating your routes in a 7-aircraft pattern, even when you have only 2 or 3 planes. As you manage to add 1 more plane, just set it out sequentially as the next in the 7-day pattern, and fill up routes wherever gaps permit. It soon builds up and since you started things correctly life gets simpler and aircraft get used to their max quicker. - As Knobby said, this is perhaps more important than ever when you are young, poor and vulnerable.

Offline Mort

• Members

The 7 people who like this post:
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2019, 06:48:59 PM »
It's still very easy, right from day 1 to start creating your routes in a 7-aircraft pattern, even when you have only 2 or 3 planes. As you manage to add 1 more plane, just set it out sequentially as the next in the 7-day pattern, and fill up routes wherever gaps permit. It soon builds up and since you started things correctly life gets simpler and aircraft get used to their max quicker. - As Knobby said, this is perhaps more important than ever when you are young, poor and vulnerable.

And please, whatever you do, use the same flight number every day of the week!!!!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.