Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: route pricing screen - display the default prices  (Read 413 times)

Offline groundbum2

• Members
route pricing screen - display the default prices
« on: September 01, 2019, 07:14:11 AM »
I'm changing a price by route from the pricing page, so I enter say LFPG LIRQ and a list of my flights and prices come up.

At the top of this screen please could AWS display the current default prices for this route?

This would tell me the benchmark I'm starting from. Showing default prices may also be useful in other pricing screens, but it would definitely be helpful here!

Simon

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: route pricing screen - display the default prices
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 08:11:16 AM »
Good luck with that.

There are probably at least 20 variations of requests for the pricing to always be displayed and manipulated and maintained in relation to default pricing, but Sami is philosophically opposed to it.

As if for example, number $303 was more meaningful than, say 110% of default price. 

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 08:20:33 AM »
yup, slots and pricing UXs are Windows 1.0 spec

as for 7 day scheduling getting mainstreamed.. never gonna happen

I sometimes think our UX (user experience) requests are like a 1960s car - why do you want central locking, it' got locks on every door. A radio? It's got an 8 track in it. Electric windows, it's got winders so functionally OK so [-]. etc etc. What happened to the car manufacturers that quit listening to their customers?

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 05:21:37 PM »
I go entire game worlds without using manual route pricing.  Because I would rather forego the benefit of some specific base, class of flights or route pricing than deal with the headache of using the pricing.  Manual pricing is not needed to get vast majority of AWS enjoyment.  It's just that sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures....

Slot interface seems functional.

On 7 day, scheduling, this (relatively) small function would do 75% of the time savings:
https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,78385.0.html

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.