Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Force majeure  (Read 817 times)

Offline pricejs

• Members
Force majeure
« on: August 26, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »
I am getting hammered with delays and cancellations due to force majeure.  What is causing this?  My staff morale is 100 and my delays for a/c rotation are very small.  Any suggestions?

Offline NovemberCharlie

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Force majeure
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 02:33:23 PM »
Force majeure is because of random world events. Not much you can do about it...

Offline DanDan

• Members

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 05:02:00 PM »
just sitting at bordeaux airport, all flights delayed, getting plastered... thanks donald!  :-\

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:21:34 PM »
just sitting at bordeaux airport, all flights delayed, getting plastered... thanks donald!  :-\

RL you mean?
Well, buy some wine before it gets too expensive  ;D
Or take a train to Paris, 3h, and I'll take you for a tour of the city on the boat  ;)

Offline DanDan

• Members

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 12:11:31 PM »
RL you mean?
Well, buy some wine before it gets too expensive  ;D
Or take a train to Paris, 3h, and I'll take you for a tour of the city on the boat  ;)

well, yes... and i did get wine and sandwich, so it was bearable. but thanks for the invite! apparently donald went to france with his 747, but that one was too big for biarritz airport, so he took the 747 to bordeaux and changed there to the 757.

and of course it is all secret and so noone knew when he would come exactly, so the airport was closed down basically, and all flights stopped for two hours, the incoming plane was delayed as well (they didnt take off, since they didnt know if/when they can land). people do seem to be more relaxed about delays when there is wine and a really clear and antipathic reason for the delay!  ???

the airline luckily had a different plane, that reduced delay for us to only about an hour - just at some point the crew realized that the sewage tank wasnt emptied (probably for quite a while... no clue how big such a thing is - sami, maybe we should model that in AWS? ;D ) and the "toilet-service" was stopped... god was i happy to get off the plane ::)

but long story short - i guess i just misinterpreted the word "hammered" yesterday  :laugh:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:13:48 PM by dandan »

Offline MikeS

• Members

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »
I wonder if EU delay compensation rules apply for state visits. Surely the airlines aren't to blame.... (the wine probably already took care of that ;)
At least this time they held the summit in a smaller city. They should hold them on Greenland or somewhere else where impact on the population is minimal...
I hear St. Helena has an airport now ... ;D

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 12:34:16 PM »
[...]
I hear St. Helena has an airport now ... ;D

Also, there is a tradition for leaders relegation over there. Would be fine, sometimes ;)

Offline MikeS

• Members

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 03:50:36 PM »
Also, there is a tradition for leaders relegation over there. Would be fine, sometimes ;)
not enough space for a golf course, though.... :D

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.