Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: miss the old favicon already  (Read 1457 times)

Offline MikeS

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
miss the old favicon already
« on: August 01, 2019, 01:00:18 PM »
I usually have a lot of tabs open and the old orange airplane used to stand out quite nicely. The new dark square favicon doesn't .... a more subtle change would
have been nice but that's just my opinion ...  (btw, couldn't find the post with poll on the logo anymore?)

Cheers!
Mike

Offline Mort

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: miss the old favicon already
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 01:09:58 PM »
On that subject, might it be worth reviewing the page titles? As the new favicon has AWS written on it, suggest that having "AirwaySim - " at the start of every page title is perhaps no longer necessary?

This is definitely a game that lends itself to having lots of tabs open concurrently, and being able to more easily see which tab is which would be very helpful!

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »
Upvoting both proposals. Having a visible something when I have 60 or 70 tabs opened in Opera would be very useful. And when I've got a little less than that, finding quicker the line I'm trying to open would help also.

Offline MikeS

• Members

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 01:19:24 PM »
I have 60 or 70 tabs opened in Opera
... and I thought I had many tabs open ... that sounds like one for every Saab 2000 in the fleet ... ;D

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 01:40:30 PM »
... and I thought I had many tabs open ... that sounds like one for every Saab 2000 in the fleet ... ;D

No, I only have that many when I'm mapping the demand in a given airport. I'm not even trying to think how Opera would survive 896 tabs...

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
Concurr the old favicon was easier to spot and I have lost open tabs everywhere haha.

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 04:59:48 PM »
Rip, ye olde favicon.

Shouldn't this be a bug report since we are all bugged by it?

Offline MikeS

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 05:08:56 PM »
Holding on to my last good old favicon  :P
Let's see for how long I can keep my system up and running before it needs a reboot....(already going for 7 days...)

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 05:17:48 PM »
Like your mac, next reboot in 2-3 weeks at least ;)
Personally, I don't really care about about the favicon, but the page title would be a must!

Offline Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 03:18:04 PM »
Sadly i.m.o.,  this is yet another example of "re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic". Fixing stuff that ain't really broken, meanwhile some fundamental flaws pointed out so often by so many go ignored. Sadly at this rate, I am soon giving up with AWS  >:(

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2019, 04:11:03 PM »
Fixing stuff that ain't really broken

You don't have to worry what we change, fix, update or improve... There's a clear a big picture on what should be developed in the short or long run.  :)

(and besides - the new logo is made by our designer, not me, and changing the icons is done in any case as part of our interface renewal plans and did take less than 30 mins. But it's nice that you're so concerned about how the development time is used.... :P)

(oh, p.s. the page titles for game area pages should no longer list "AirwaySim" in front)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 04:19:10 PM by Sami »

Offline Mort

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2019, 06:44:38 PM »
(oh, p.s. the page titles for game area pages should no longer list "AirwaySim" in front)

I did notice that, thank you!

Offline Jetsetter

• Members
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2019, 10:01:22 PM »
You don't have to worry what we change, fix, update or improve... There's a clear a big picture on what should be developed in the short or long run.  :)

(and besides - the new logo is made by our designer, not me, and changing the icons is done in any case as part of our interface renewal plans and did take less than 30 mins. But it's nice that you're so concerned about how the development time is used.... :P)

THERES TOO MANY PIXELS SAMI, I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD DISRESPECT US WITH ALL THESE PIXELS, RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »
What I really miss is the old gameworld's names, I'm getting lost on the website with these new names!  :-[

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »
What I really miss is the old gameworld's names, I'm getting lost on the website with these new names!  :-[
ha ha .. me too, I need to look for the game year to enter the correct GW quickly ... We will all get used to the new names at some point... or maybe not :laugh:

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »
ha ha .. me too, I need to look for the game year to enter the correct GW quickly ... We will all get used to the new names at some point... or maybe not :laugh:

Play only one GW at once, so it pops up above the others ;)

Offline MikeS

• Members

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2019, 09:10:56 PM »
Play only one GW at once, so it pops up above the others ;)
There is always something special about a GW start, it's like fresh bread from the bakery - hard to resist  8) .... so GW3...eh, sorry, modern times, was tempting
but I abstained this time.... need to learn those new GW names by heart first  :laugh:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.