Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: new slot system  (Read 666 times)

Offline Aero

• Members
new slot system
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »
It is wonderfull to see that after an expension there will be 1 big explosion of slots and then have to wait maybe atleast 10 more years for new slots.

Now on slot limited airports,a quota is put in place but as a result some airliners now fly 3 to 5 flights within 1 hour(exclude there other flights) on the routes with demand of 200-300.Just do a seat block on your plane and manipulate the system.
Even if they keep there slots for a couple of years and clearly will reschedule when gett a new type to beat the slot hogging system.
ea there are 20 new slots between 0600 and 0700 with 1st time quota of 86,because a lot of slots available means 1 carrier can eat 11 slots out of 20 and place on under 200nm routes to eat as many slots with less planes.
with a 5 game day limitation means in 2,5 hours they can go for there 2nd wave.

If i am on a LH flight i cannot be online for about 14 hours because of work,which means i can only gett slots which are left over and wait atleast another 3-4 real months(10 game years minimum for another expension)
And probably more players have no time to go online all the time due to work/home situation and will be victim of these few seasoned players who will dominate the game world in a couple of years.
If i want to be sure i have slots at right time,i need to take free of work or let someone take care of my kids,just because a few players be online the moment they gett released and this will have a big influence on the game as frequency have a affect on flights which already can be seen.

So for me i open flights and frequencies as in normal life and with 1 hour minimum between(a rare occasion 50-55min because of tot or different speed of plane type)
So i would say bring the quota down to let say 35 in a game week or maybe even less if we gett only 1 drop every 3 to 4 real months,so that we still can take slots 2 real after the drop and not that all the good 1's are gone within 1 real day.

Look on for example LHR-MAN how 2 carriers have alot of flights within 1 hour and just 1 or 2 other spread out trough the day,2 carriers are already rescheduling there harvest of last week and not been seen as cheating.
Or they just change the flights active on the route and when they gett a slot loss warning they use the slot and take out others,only way that they can do on a legal way,for example 2 days ago Aston had 6 flights on LHR-MAN and now only 4.Hobbit have flights depart 1835,1900 and 1900 again and 1955,nothing wrong here (according to Sami)on a 360 demand route,but bet in a couple of game years there is atleast 1 flight in a hour here.
If we all will do this we just have to play this game once every 14 days other we loose our game for in activity.
what a fun we have guys
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:34:27 AM by Aero »

Offline Aero

• Members
Re: new slot system
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 09:44:34 AM »
Someone just reminded me that another way to gett slots is for airliners to go Bankrupt,so bet that if an airliner have a small budget that he/she will receive extra competition?

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 09:45:42 AM »
I'll do +1 on the basis that only releasing slots after an infra upgrade means for lots of players then they will only play this game once every game year or, once a month in real time, when there's a burst of new slots then nothing. What kind of game play is that?

Let's not get stuck on semantics and fairness and coding logic and "under review" and "do tiddly stuff" lets concentrate on

"what kind of game play is that"

and I would suggest it sucks. A rubbish kind of game play. 2 hours every month. So why would somebody build a game that plays like this? So a person pays for a month and gets 2 hours. hmmm.

I made a very easy to code suggestion. That the game slot multiplier, eg 1.75x, be incremented by small amounts at random period, about 0.1 per week. That way we have the old system and the new system with minimal coding. So it goes 1.75,1.76,1,77,1.78 etc.

Or as somebody said it encourages big players to squash smaller players at their base to grab their slots! Not in the ethos of AWS.. well, wasn't, now the game steers people to do this.

Simon
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:49:19 AM by groundbum2 »

Offline Aero

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »
Ethos of aws is far to find atm.
Sami should give me here extra data So i can place screenshot of lhr-man daily.
You Will see really everyday carriers change there timetable.
Recently I saw another airliner deschedule 2 flights.

Offline schro

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 06:16:48 PM »

If i am on a LH flight i cannot be online for about 14 hours because of work,which means i can only gett slots which are left over and wait atleast another 3-4 real months(10 game years minimum for another expension)
And probably more players have no time to go online all the time due to work/home situation and will be victim of these few seasoned players who will dominate the game world in a couple of years.
If i want to be sure i have slots at right time,i need to take free of work or let someone take care of my kids,just because a few players be online the moment they gett released and this will have a big influence on the game as frequency have a affect on flights which already can be seen.

WiFi works quite well on long haul flights these days - have you tried it?

You're bringing a rather advanced level of experience with the game into the conversation for a newly registered player. For the sake of a proper reference/backstory and the general enlightenment of those of us that have been around a while, what name did you go by in your previous life here on AirwaySim?

Offline Dasha

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »

Or..

and bear with me on this one..

treat AWS for what it is... A game. I know right.. How dare I say such idiotic things, but really, it is a game, not a competition.

Either you enjoy it and give positive feedback, or you don't enjoy it and find another game you do like.

Or don't go to Deathrow. You know it's going to be a bloodbath. You obviously chose for that. Can't complain when it actually happens. If you want a nice quiet airport with plenty of slots and no competition, there's plenty alternatives.

But what do I know. I've been playing for 8 years or something and still don't understand the game. Just here to have fun :)

Don't hate me please.  :(
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Offline Aero

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 08:03:29 PM »
I totally agree with you that it is a game.
Supose to be fun and relaxing.
Heathrow is an challenge,So far i stand ground.

So when i read that slots are supose to be used on the route where it is bought for and not to reschedule,is in the manual.
Stil i see flights come and go on Lhr to Manchester route,also others.
If i knew that these rules where flexible i would have done myself and would have even higher revenue.

Next round i Will be ready and Will buy also 10 slots for lhr-man and reschedule to Good flights when i have more time.
Cheating is not in my nature,but i Will do now too.
Wanna bet i gett punishment.
Ata frimp refered me to gw4 So i check out that Tulip Owl thing.
Bet Aston/Hobbit goth now a free pas and i Will gett ruïned by system penalty

Offline Mort

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 08:09:43 PM »
Cheating is not in my nature,but i Will do now too.
Wanna bet i gett punishment.
Ata frimp refered me to gw4 So i check out that Tulip Owl thing.

I'd be careful, I think Tulip got warned for deliberately cheating when they weren't happy about the management decisions.  :)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 08:30:33 PM »
Sigh. Enough of this nonsense now.

User "Aero" had reported a suspected case of rule violation to us regarding slots at GW#1/LHR, which we investigated. After viewing the details we did not find a clear rule violation and informed him of this too (on several separate occasions). Thus there is nothing for administration to announce nor penalize, for now. But we shall monitor the situation nevertheless.

The decision of the administration is something that is not to be contested. Move on. If you don't like the decision there are absolutely no grounds to start acting like a 5 year-old and re-posting the same comments in various threads in the public forums, or worse - threatening to do some things yourself that are against the rules.

Since someone might be interested: The rules itself do not say specifically about how fast you can reschedule flights created to another destination at slot-restricted airport after you opened the routes. However if you open a lot of new routes at a slot-restricted airport, make sure a) the routes are to an actual "proper" destination and b) you actually fly them for a good period of time (years?) before making any drastic changes to them. Anything else might be against the rules and that faces a penalty. The intent and overall scheme of actions matters. (e.g. creating a lot of daily flights to nearby destination, flying them for only a game week and then rescheduling them to another destination is not allowed by the rules)

Thread is locked.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:34:42 PM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.