Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long haul, 50 pax demand. Is it worth it?  (Read 400 times)

andyy94

• Former member
Long haul, 50 pax demand. Is it worth it?
« on: April 02, 2019, 09:14:38 AM »
I started my first airline in my home town - big mistake ::)
I was hoping to do some Long haul flights but all the destinations I can't reach with a320 have no more than 50 pax demand. (3000 miles+)

Which aircraft (if any) make sense for such a route?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
Re: Long haul, 50 pax demand. Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 09:37:47 AM »
No. definitely no.
The A32x family is able to do some limited LH ops, but until you know what you're doing (ie, you've got serious experience in the game), don't do it.

Now, at 50 demand and 3000+ nm, no, not even very experienced players able to get the best out of a route would fly such a thing. 50 demand is not worth flying past 1500nm (and at that distance, only under certain circumstances).

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 09:40:40 AM »
I started my first airline in my home town - big mistake ::)
I was hoping to do some Long haul flights but all the destinations I can't reach with a320 have no more than 50 pax demand. (3000 miles+)

Which aircraft (if any) make sense for such a route?

Nope.

at 3000 miles, less than 180 demand is dangerous, les than 150 very dangerous. And 3000 miles is not full use of a plane anyways, so you'd have to schedule 8 lines on a 7 planes - 7 days schedule to limit plane owning costs. That is, at 150 demand(and no opposition), the very extreme one can do. I'd go more 737MAX for that, anyways, A320s are for routes where you need more punch. But at 50 demand? Never.

80 demand routes are doable at 200NM with Ejets or SSJs.They also need creative scheduling, and won't make much money anyways.

As Tha_Ape says, 50 demand at 1500NM makes sense only if you can fly it red eyes(i.e. over the night eastwards), and therefore avoid having your regional jet sleep during the night.

andyy94

• Former member

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 01:25:32 PM »
Thank you for the answers.
 As I have 2 more days left for the trial and 30millions in the bank, I leased an 757 to see how much money I'll lose  :laugh:

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.