Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: "Call market" strategies  (Read 486 times)

Offline Arjuna5

• Members
"Call market" strategies
« on: March 29, 2019, 11:03:28 AM »
I just want to start by saying I'm not posting this to whine or complain. I'm fully aware choosing the DC-6B as the backbone of my airline in GW#2 comes with a lot of competition on the used market  ;D I'm just looking for some tips on how to best use the "call market" button.

Last weekend I had a lot of free time so I thought I would conduct an experiment. From 8 am until 10 pm on both Saturday and Sunday I called the market once every 30 minutes (i.e. once every game day). 55 calls to the market resulted in 2 leased DC-6B: s. On a few other occations DC-6B: s showed up in the searches but other airlines had already reserved them when I pressed the lease button.

Is the pressure really this high on this specific aircraft at this time or am I just being unlucky? I have observed other airlines getting a rather steady supply of DC-6B: s during this time. Are there any tricks or strategies out there anyone mind shearing?

Offline groundbum2

• Members
Re: "Call market" strategies
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »
join an alliance ;-)

That way 10 or 20 of you can work in coordination using your calls, and also passing planes amongst yourselves. Also people with more financial power in the Alliance can buy the planes new and lease them to you.

Simon

Offline DanDan

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
best usage of call button? alliances ;) its about teamwork.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:12:31 AM »
Alliances use the wolf pack. 2 or more players gather, and take turns. Refreshes usually happen between 30 and 90 min apart, with 30 min being quite rare.
So:
1) identify the last refresh with a certain precision (~10 mins)
2) don't waste your tries in vain earlier than useful
3) 14 or 21 tries (or more) will ensure way more coverage / probability to catch the refresh
4) for identifying the last refresh, gaps of 10-15 mins are usually enough
4) "real" tries are performed every 2, 3, 4 minutes, depending on how close we estimate the refresh is.

When you're alone (no alliance), this is obviously much harder, as you can only rely on your 7 weekly tries, leading to a lower number of success :-\

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 11:22:00 AM »
And just a 2 bit advice for your airline, as I had a look at it:
 - retire your C46 as soon as your F.27 get there
 - retire your DC-4 as soon as possible, when more DC-6 will come in
 - after that, stick to 2 fleet types (as you don't seem very experienced), and keep the 3rd fleet slot for renewal purposes
 - don't plan on keeping the DC-6 for ages. Yes, it can still last a few good years, but AWS economic model is a tad different from RL (RL changes over time, AWS has the same model from start to finish) and as a consequence you can't fly post-war a/c for ages. So don't invest too heavily in them without a retirement plan.

Offline Arjuna5

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 12:16:32 PM »
join an alliance ;-)

I've tried but most seem full on US based carriers :/

Offline Arjuna5

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 12:18:50 PM »
And just a 2 bit advice for your airline, as I had a look at it:
 - retire your C46 as soon as your F.27 get there
 - retire your DC-4 as soon as possible, when more DC-6 will come in
 - after that, stick to 2 fleet types (as you don't seem very experienced), and keep the 3rd fleet slot for renewal purposes
 - don't plan on keeping the DC-6 for ages. Yes, it can still last a few good years, but AWS economic model is a tad different from RL (RL changes over time, AWS has the same model from start to finish) and as a consequence you can't fly post-war a/c for ages. So don't invest too heavily in them without a retirement plan.

Thanks for the advice! My plan was actually to replace my C46 with the F27 as soon as they start arriving maybe some of the DC-4 as well.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.