Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: account rules (multiple log on query)  (Read 391 times)

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
account rules (multiple log on query)
« on: March 07, 2019, 02:31:56 AM »
im guessing that sami uses ip to check where people are logging in to avoid account sharing but are logging in from different locations outside the rules? for instance i primarily access this from my home computer and leave it logged in all day and go to work and access it from a work computer while still logged in at home.
will this mean i could be under suspicion?

Offline dmoose42

• Members
Re: account rules (multiple log on query)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 02:43:04 AM »
no. what you are doing is totally fine. It's probably more of capturing when the same IP address is accessing multiple accounts that would cause a red flag to be raised (among other things).

Offline TheLostNZ

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 03:19:41 AM »
how would sami and them know if someone is using an ip blocker

Offline knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 06:32:41 AM »
In the past I've notified Sami (as per rules) when a friend came to stay and we were both logged in from the same IP address. This was several years ago and since then I've visited this friend at his place. We were both logged in at the same time, without asking 'permission', with no problems so I guess the checking isn't that severe.

With VPNs these days, it's virtually impossible to tell where many people are anyway. For example, right now I'm logged into AWS on my phone in Greece (home) and from my desktop which is currently "in" The Netherlands and often pops to the UK for a while.  No issues whatsoever.

Offline Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 07:30:26 AM »
I also use a VPN that bounces around, after notifying Sami years ago that I did so. I don't use the VPN to stay anonymous so much as to avoid ISP shenanigans. Without the VPN every page has a long delay before loading. With the VPN, every page is nearly instant even if it's bouncing to Salt Lake City and back first. Definitely some ISP "security filtering" going on with Verizon  :laugh:

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 09:05:56 AM »
I still wish we could have "assistants" to help with 1000+ airlines and do things like seat reconfigs, cargo slider moves,  d check hull swaps,price changes etc etc, all the boring manual stuff!

Simon

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 09:20:14 AM »
im guessing that sami uses ip to check where people are logging in to avoid account sharing but are logging in from different locations outside the rules? for instance i primarily access this from my home computer and leave it logged in all day and go to work and access it from a work computer while still logged in at home.
will this mean i could be under suspicion?

The issue is not one account from multiple IPs but multiple accounts from a single IP.   ;)

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.