Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Marketing HQ vs other Base Airports  (Read 234 times)

Online Karl

• Members
Marketing HQ vs other Base Airports
« on: August 12, 2018, 05:51:01 PM »
I am sure that there is information about this someplace, but I cannot find it.

On the marketing page there are choices for places to advertise: base city, municipality, etc.  This makes sense when an airline only has a HQ base.  When an airline has multiple bases, there does not seem to be a way to advertise at each separate base. 

Can I assume that advertising at a base means advertising at each base, or is such base advertising limited to the HQ city?  If it is limited, how does an airline advertise at the other base?  Whole country/ continent?

Offline Zobelle

• Members
Re: Marketing HQ vs other Base Airports
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »
Overall dollars spent > Where they’re spent.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 09:57:16 PM »
the detail of the marketing campaign, eg what media, what geo area, etc doesn't matter a hoot. The only thing that matters is the dollar amount. The higher the dollar amount, the higher goes your CI. I've seen in fora people state that having multiple small campaigns rather than one large campaign gets a bigger bang for the buck, but don't know either way.

Simon

Online Karl

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 01:21:57 AM »
I also have learned from advice and from experience that many campaigns are better than one big, expensive campaign.

However, I am trying to support flights from bases beyond HQ.  The marketing possibilities only refer to marketing from base city.  I guess I am going to have to hope that my marketing dollars get spread around and not just spent on the HQ base.

Online Cardinal

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 02:38:34 AM »
It seems what you're looking for is route marketing. Because the general marketing campaigns only raise your overall Company Image, not the image of specific routes (or bases). If you want to support specific flights, you have to spend some money on "route specific campaigns" and not "general campaigns".

Online Karl

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »
I understand route marketing. 

I know that if I have an HQ Base at airport  XYZ, I can choose to advertise at "My base city & nearby cities only" and/or at "The municipality/state of my base city" among other locations from the drop down menu.

Now I have a second base at ABC.  I can see no way to advetise all flights from aiprort ABC.

What I am trying to determine: Does "My base city & nearby cities only" and/or at "The municipality/state of my base city" mean ONLY at HQ Base XYZ, or do these phraese include marketing from all of my Base cities?

Online Cardinal

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »
In that case, Simon's answer stands:

the detail of the marketing campaign, eg what media, what geo area, etc doesn't matter a hoot. The only thing that matters is the dollar amount.

The phrasing is just there for show. What matters is how much you spend. Spend more money, watch your Company Image rise. That's really all there is to it. When you select "My base city & nearby cities only" and "Newspapers", there's no game mechanism that's buying imaginary ad space in imaginary local papers. The geographical areas and media selections exist solely to determine the cost of your marketing campaign. The game uses your selections and the size of your operation to calculate the cost of your campaign, and then combines that dollar amount with your current CI and things like flight delays to determine how quickly your CI should rise or fall (or if there should be no movement at all).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.