Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Departure Punctuality question?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline MikeS

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Departure Punctuality question?
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
I worked for a Middle Eastern airline and we really struggled turning around a fully booked summer time A320 12C/132Y flight in 50 minutes.
But I have regularly seen domestic LAN A320 flights being turned around in 30 minutes with 174Y (though no fueling involved).

My best boarding experience was with a COPA B737-800: Perfectly organized according to status and boarding groups.....INTO A BUS...haha
and then the usual cattle rush from the bus up the air stairs in basically the reverse boarding order  ;D

Mike

Offline DanDan

• Members
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2019, 11:54:32 AM »
My best boarding experience was with a COPA B737-800: Perfectly organized according to status and boarding groups.....INTO A BUS...haha
and then the usual cattle rush from the bus up the air stairs in basically the reverse boarding order  ;D

well, thats what lauda and ryanair and wizz are doing: they "board" you on a bus (you can pay extra for priority-boarding). when the bus is full, it drives to the plane. when the plane is ready, the bus doors open - people of course rush crosswise to front and aft door from the bus to the plane.

and it is much faster than what ba/lh/af are doing - mostly since people can only really take backpack and no trolley with them free of charge [yes, a lot of people wear some dented heavy looking jackets in mid summer]
on the "premium" airlines, they take their trolley plus the extra item plus a duty-free-bag (usually an old one with all kinds of stuff in it, but it looks like a recent purchase ;) ), of course it takes a long time to find space for all that, and sometimes trolleys have to be checked in.

Offline Jake S

• Members
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
To be fair, most Norwegian 738's TAT in about 25 minutes nowadays... Can't even remember last time i saw a 738 use more than 40 minutes ;)

"People who invest in aviation are the biggest suckers in the world."

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.