Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Opening up to code contribution / pull requests  (Read 752 times)

Offline geoffreyc

• Members
Opening up to code contribution / pull requests
« on: November 16, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »
Hi there, I've been a long time player/lurker (not that I ever got good at the game mind ^^) and had a question/suggestion to ask/make.

Has Sami ever been open to the idea of allowing code contributions to be made to the system? Indeed there does seem to be a big 'backlog' of popular feature requests that may benefit from having experience programmers contribute to the game.

I understand that with the game not being free, it is not really viable to open-source the code and accept pull requests similarly to other open-source project, but this could be done through a more 'closed down'circle of developers, all having signed the appropriate nda's.

So I guess my question is, has this ever been considered?

Cheers!

Offline Tauge

• Members
Re: Opening up to code contribution / pull requests
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »
I know that recently Sami/Aviadesign have recently contracted out some art development, but I, personally, don't know if its been considered to contract out more of the design work than has already been done.

Offline schro

• Members
Re: Opening up to code contribution / pull requests
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:26:44 AM »
I think this was proposed once many many years ago and it went over about as well as a lead balloon in a kids' parade.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.