Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New game world structure  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 6 people who like this post:
New game world structure
« on: July 29, 2019, 04:29:09 PM »
New scenario types, more choices

After careful planning we're happy to announce the new game world structure at AirwaySim Online Airline Simulation.

We have felt that our users would like to have more variety in the types of games, and more frequent starts of new simulation scenarios. Our new game world structure will bring AirwaySim partly back to its roots and will give you more choices and more predictable schedules of new games.

Three main types of games

In the future we shall deliver frequent launches of new game worlds in three different categories, defined by their overall duration. The main types of game worlds by length are designated as SHORT, MEDIUM and EPIC.

• The Epic scenarios are the current three main game worlds that last for about 1.5 years in total.
    • They have been previously called Game Worlds #1, #2 (etc.) but are today renamed as game worlds Airline Generations, History and the Future and The Age of Flight.
    • All three of these main scenarios are always running in parallel with a new game world starting approximately every 6 months.
    • Each of these games will follow the same time span from 1955 to 2035.

• The Medium length scenarios have a duration of about 7-9 months in total and are a new class of recurring games at our simulations.
    • These new games closely follow what the "original" AirwaySim scenarios used to be about 10 years ago.
    • With this change we shall bring back the original game world names such as The Modern Times (1998-2030), Dawn of the Millennium (1975-2007) and The Jet Age (1960-1992) as the main name of the scenario. (n.b. the game years are approximate and may still change)
    • There will always be two of these medium-length scenarios running and a new scenario is expected approximately every 3 months.

• The Short scenarios are special theme-games which may have a limited world area or special set of rules.
    • These are called the Challenge scenarios and they will run for about 3 months each.
    • There will be usually one of these scenarios running at any given time and a new Challenge world can be expected to start every 3-4 months.
    • The themes in these short scenarios will rotate according to our predetermined plan, and types of games include for example North America Challenge, Long Haul Challenge and Regional Challenge.
    • These games will be played in the modern era (2010-2025).

• Lastly the well-known Beginner's World theme world shall continue in the same way as before.
    • The two different scenarios, with overall duration of 2 months, will run in parallel and restart with the same settings every month.
    • This is also the free 7-day trial mode of our simulation.

Announced well in advance

Each of the game worlds due to start will be announced well before the planned launch, and our preliminary game rotation plan goes currently all the way to 2022. Users will have the possibility to pre-join the scenarios well in advance, and the aim is to introduce soon an always up-to-date schedule plan of all game world launches at our public website.

The main idea of this change is to provide three different types of game play, and clear information that a new scenario can be always expected prior/just after the end of the previous one. And in some categories you have several different scenarios to choose from.

Notes

Some notes to consider if you are playing in the current game worlds:
  • There are no changes in the settings or data of the existing game worlds, apart from the name. All current game worlds will be of course fully supported and the three main/long games will stay as the top product.

• The old names (Game World #1, #2 ...) will be displayed for reference at the game selection screen for the next month.

• The game icon (round airplane logo) of the main scenarios will change according to the era the scenario is in. The additional time/era designator (i.e. "Early Days" or "The Jet Age") will not be shown anymore with these main scenarios. All other scenarios have a fixed icon as the game designator.

• The Credits price structure will also remain the same as before.

• The scenarios have also now a difficulty designator for reference. This means how the scenario has been set up and what kind of economic and financial environment can be expected. Note that it does not consider the amount of competition, available routes or aircraft in the game or at particular airports. All our standard scenarios are of NORMAL difficulty.

Join The Modern Times game

The first new game world of the new structure will be launched on Friday August 2nd 2019.

This is The Modern Times - a popular scenario starting just before year 2000 and continuing way into the future. The launch announcement of this game will follow soon but you may already pre-join this scenario here: Game Area - The Modern Times

The next Challenge game world is expected to start in September. Followed by a Medium length scenario (either The Jet Age or Dawn of the Millennium) at the start of November.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to post at our forums.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:36:21 AM by Sami »

Offline Kontio

• Members
Re: New game world structure
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »
Who is going to play a game for 1.5 years?  :,(

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 06:34:39 PM »
A lot of people did.
But I reckon that at the end I was a little bored.

Offline Kontio

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 06:36:00 PM »
Could we have like pay-to-win features and lootboxes?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 06:50:43 PM »

Eeeeee... No?

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 07:13:41 PM »
Who is going to play a game for 1.5 years?  :,(

We have been doing it for the last 4 years or so. Longest I think was the last GW2 at just shy of 20 months, 1950 to 2036.
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

Offline Mort

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »
Like the new game structure! Very happy to see more regular game starts planned!

My one gripe would be with the new names of the three epic game worlds, they're a bit of a mouthful I think. In a busy alliance where people often refer to GW1 this, or GW4 that, would have been nice to see something short and snappy, particularly given they are identical in terms of settings.

Offline SAUR E. SAUR

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 09:30:37 PM »

No way! Merit/Skill not $!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 11:11:10 PM »
My one gripe would be with the new names of the three epic game worlds, they're a bit of a mouthful I think. In a busy alliance where people often refer to GW1 this, or GW4 that, would have been nice to see something short and snappy, particularly given they are identical in terms of settings.

AG, HAF, TAF?  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:54:46 PM by Sami »

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 02:20:33 AM »
Wait...no one's going to say anything about the launch of the new GW on Saturday, August 2nd?...

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 08:23:57 AM »
It's gotta be Sunday, august 5th, who would be so mad to start a game on a Saturday, August 2nd?

Wait...no one's going to say anything about the launch of the new GW on Saturday, August 2nd?...

Talentz

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 09:21:51 AM »
Yes, so.. It's Friday ... (Like written on the game area.)

That's what you get for working a bit much. :P

Offline MRFREAK

• Members

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 11:28:52 AM »
Can't wait!

Modern Times is probably my favourite game scenario.  ;D

Yes, so.. It's Friday ... (Like written on the game area.)

That's what you get for working a bit much. :P

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
Modern Times is probably my favourite game scenario.  ;D

Me to, probably because it's the first one I ever played. This time, direction Arlanda, seducing blonde girls and paying insane amounts of taxes.

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 11:57:58 AM »
Me to, probably because it's the first one I ever played. This time, direction Arlanda, seducing blonde girls and paying insane amounts of taxes.

I'm very glad to hear that you won't settle down close to me then  ;D

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »
I'm very glad to hear that you won't settle down close to me then  ;D

Coooooome teach me a lesson of swedish. Cooooooome!!!

Offline MRFREAK

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2019, 03:11:32 PM »
Coooooome teach me a lesson of swedish. Cooooooome!!!

Et bra tips från Sverige - Kom ihåg at fälla ut landningsstället innan flyget slår i banan. :)

Offline schlaf

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
...men du är ju dansk står det ju?...

Offline MRFREAK

• Members

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2019, 06:28:55 PM »
...men du är ju dansk står det ju?...

Men derfor kan man vel godt snakke svensk?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline schlaf

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2019, 05:12:00 AM »
Det är orättvist,
Ni danskar hanterar svenska så mycket bättre
än vi gör med danskan..😕

Möjligtvis runt Malmö, men övriga Sverige förstår inte ett ord

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.