Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Missing aircraft types  (Read 357 times)

Offline Chandler

• Members
Missing aircraft types
« on: July 05, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
Hey guys.
I just asked myself, some aircraft types and also projects are missing.
For example, two real aircraft, that are missing:
The Canadair CL-44, as an development of the Bristol Britannia. The aircraft served well some years and I think it could be an very interessting addition to the game.
The Convair 240/340/440 conversion prpogramme to upgrade from piston to turboprop enginges (Convair 580/540), as they also were very successfull.
As airlner projects, I think the smaller and bigger proposed versions of the MD-95/Boeing 717-200 could also be an interessting addition to the game, as they will made this aircraft family more interessting for the players. If you donĀ“t know, what I mean: the planned Boeing 717-100 (smaller version as an replacement for the DC-9-10 series) and the Boewing 717-300 (bigger version with some more seats). We already have with the MD-90-50 and MD-90-55 two versions of the family that were never produced, so the 2 additional Boeing 717 versions will complete the family and make it far more attractive, so not everybody have to go for the B737 and A320.
I think its also that the MD-90 and MD-80 family should be one fleet type.
WHat do you think of my ideas?

Offline Tauge

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Missing aircraft types
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 01:11:03 PM »
I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will come along but...

I believe the CL-44 is a planned addition, it just isn't in yet.

The problem with the Convair turboprops is one that is basically inherent to the design of the game. Most would expect them to be the same fleet type as the 220/340/440, but all fleet types have the same cruise speed. This essentially would remove the one real advantage the turboprops have over their piston driven brothers. So...we do without.

As for the DC-9 extended family... I can't speak to that at all.

Offline Chandler

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 03:38:06 PM »
The point for the Convair conversions in my opinin would be:
Yes, you will have a seperate fleet type, but when you own the aircraft, you have the ability to convert your whole fleet and you have an possibility to upgrade into the turboprop era, without ordering Fokker 27s. So you will have another option availabe.
For the MD-80/MD-90/717 fleet type: WHen you fly MD-80s, you do not have the chance to upgrade your fleet within the fleet groupe like you have with the A320/A320neo, or B737NG/B737MAX. This meant, that as soon as the A320 or 737NG is available, you need more or less to change your fleet to these two types. WIth the MD-80/MD-90 fleet merger, we will have a third option in terms of long term fleet planing until the end of the game. This could be far more relaxed and less frustrating for anyone, who tried to get delivery slots for 320s/737s. This could be in my opinion an excellent addition to the game. And helping especially smaller airlines to survive.

Offline ArcherII

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:30:35 PM »
Re the reason behind converting the Convairs to turboprops, is to put the noise certification into Stage 2 or 3.

As things stand now in GW2, it's 1971 and the noise restrictions are a decade away. There's a fairly new fleet flying in the game right now and you are forced to change a perfectly able airplane because it's noise stage has never been assesed IRL, whereas the 540/580/5800 are still flying today.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.