Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: [-] "more" dynamic pricing  (Read 312 times)

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 5 people who like this post:
[-] "more" dynamic pricing
« on: February 09, 2019, 12:24:45 PM »
In current GW#4, the MD11 (all variants) has:
 - 454 planes in service
 - 120 stored (mostly/only virtual brokers)
 - 377 new orders (prod line green at 2/3 for the current year)

We can easily compare with the 767 (3744 in service, 850 new orders) and the A330/340 (87 in service, 1584 new orders): the MD-11 is far less popular.
Still, being backed by the high sales history of the DC-10, it still has a very high price.

It seems to me that at some point the various elements of a same fleet group should be differentiated: the virtual MDD company should have realized a while back that their new LH bird is not a hit, and thus should have reduced their prices in order to attract more customers. But it didn't happen.

So basically the MD-11 prod line will probably go from "very high price" to prod line closing in just a few months, after the last orders are delivered, as this plane cannot make it till game end (at least as pax plane). Not really logical.

In my opinion, it shouldn't be real cheap, the sales aren't a disaster either, should just be classified as "somewhat expensive".
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:21:38 AM by Sami »

Offline carrisi

• Members
Re: "more" dynamic pricing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 02:23:13 AM »

Sounds sensible

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The person who likes this post:
Re: "more" dynamic pricing
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 11:21:34 AM »
MD-11 has an order backlog of 400+ planes so it's considered by the dynamic pricing to be very popular for a very large aircraft. With such order backlog it's not closing in years.

The pricing takes into account the details of that fleet, and doesn't consider how many orders other aircraft types have.

Pricing was updated in 2018 I believe so no changes planned to it for now

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.