Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Tech stop penalty  (Read 1520 times)

Offline MikeS

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Tech stop penalty
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2019, 09:48:59 PM »
Holy $§"*/&!

Sami, would you be so kind as to explain what factors are playing in what way into the tech stop penalty? We all pay crazy amounts of money for route-planning people and we get nothing in return!  :laugh:

And while you are at it, please, the too-small penalty as well?   ???
I know, we all want to know the calculations but I think it adds more "realism" and fun to the game when some things aren't 100% clear. Experimenting with planes and routes is part of the fun and adds depth to the experience.

As for my Tech-Stop experience: When flying wide-body aircraft beyond their range, the penalty is not severe. Whereas flying a narrow-body beyond their range with a tech-stop does seem to give a penalty of 50%.

Cheers!
Mike

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2019, 09:33:05 AM »
Sorry Emanuele my good friend - but what you say simply cannot be what actually happens, take a look at just one example I can show you here. Whatever the rules might be, whatever the calculations might be, here is proof (my current situation) on just one of the ULH routes I fly - CDG to EZE
I fly 3 flights per day which puts me offering at just above 90% of daily route demand.   The results below speak for themselves. Whats really interesting is my competitor is using 767 equipment with no fuel stop and doesn't get any advantage as far as I can tell for doing so over my offering.

All I'm trying to say folks, is don't be too afraid to try.  Surely if this works for me on about 12 ULH routes around the globe that I have with pit stop, then it could work for anyone on a similar principal.

For your and everyone's reference, the reason that route is not really effected is because the supply is less then actual demand. All routes can go up to 150% of shown demand. So an otherwise 1000 pax daily route can in fact provide 1500+ pax if the conditions are met.

There are many variables that can effect the pax calculations. Some are known to the player base and others that aren't. If you feel something is wrong, you can always put in a bug report and it will get checked. If were lucky, Sami will give a further explanation on the cause if something is wrong... or not.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline DiCH

• Members
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2019, 11:15:16 AM »
For your and everyone's reference, the reason that route is not really effected is because the supply is less then actual demand. All routes can go up to 150% of shown demand. So an otherwise 1000 pax daily route can in fact provide 1500+ pax if the conditions are met.

It’s not what we are talking about.

But I’ve been proven what average weekly demand based on average number of pax you see when refreshing “route planning” page many times.

Offline Talentz

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »
Then it seems the point of my post is missed -_-"

Everyone worries too much about tech stop penalty this and too small aircraft penalty that. In most normal, everyday game play, they don't effect Air OPS. Their are too many variables at play to try and compare notes with one another for reference. This causes further misunderstanding and creates unnecessary hearsay which people take as absolute fact.

Again, if you feel something is wrong with your results, put a bug report in and let Sami check it.

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Cornishman

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
100% agree with Talentz!

Sometimes things in life that we somehow calculate aren't supposed to work, actually work brilliantly given the right conditions.  All I wanted to do was show that this penalty doesn't have to prevent success for all fuel stop routes.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.