Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Stop maintenance lumping  (Read 353 times)

Offline Infinity

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Stop maintenance lumping
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »
Currently, the game heavily rewards lumping all line maintenance (A and B checks) on the same day of the week for all aircraft in the fleet.

Of course that's highly unrealistic.
So how about a simple way of discouraging this and adding a (small) layer of complexity to the game?

Basically, what I have in mind is the maintenance staff requirements scaling with the distribution of maintenance activities throughout the week.
So there would be a base level of maintenance staff required (the current levels that are in the game) that would require the players to evenly distribute their maintenance checks throughout the week. This should have a built-in tolerance to offset the effects of not having a fleet that's divisible by 7 and provide for some slack.
But other than that tolerance, maintenance staff requirements should increase linearly with the reduction in distribution, so in the extreme case where a player has all his A and B checks scheduled on Saturday, he would require 7 times the base level of maintenance staff to manage all of that in a single day.

Heavy maintenance (C and D Checks) would not be affected as while those can be actively triggered, there is rarely an incentive to do so and this can be neglected.

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: Stop maintenance lumping
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
Makes sense, there should a separate maintenance staff requirement depending on the highest number of simultaneous A/B checks on player's schedule.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
I kind of already practice a system similar to this even on schedules that are not 7/7.

I use days with least traffic numbers such as tue, sat, sun to set up maintenances on A/B’s

Offline DanDan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 03:57:29 PM »
if thats the case: please a new calculation of crew demand as well.

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 07:05:41 PM »
That would add another layer of tedious micro management.
I understand some people enjoy that but I for one wouldn't. AWS is already quite time intensive.
....just my opinion!
Instead, would prefer anything that would add more strategic depth to the game.

Mike

Online JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:39 PM »
I understand some people enjoy that but I for one wouldn't. AWS is already quite time intensive.
....just my opinion!

Mike

It would not need to be micromanaged at all.  Just the advantage of scheduling A/B check on Saturday midnight would have a cost of extra maintenance cost.

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 07:57:19 PM »

Micromanagement can be strategic when margins are low and maintenance planning directly influences the amount of staff and your revenue. dandan's suggestion is a nice one, and I'd add a heavy maintenance schedule on the package of new features. For large airlines and in an environment where the passengers will pay whatever price is set (practically no price wars among opponents), maintenance planning is pointless.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.