Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: How much marketing/Company Image is "Enough"?  (Read 863 times)

Offline LRoDgy

• Members
How much marketing/Company Image is "Enough"?
« on: July 20, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »
Hey all, new player here, been playing for about a month or so now and currently playing in BW2 and GW2. My question is pretty straight forward, I'm currently sitting at a company image of 98, with roughly 22% of my expenditures going towards marketing. Upon reading Gazzz's costs tutorial, this is more than twice what he proposes, as he recommends 5-10%. My question is simply, how much CI is enough? I run a rather mixed fleet, (I know, I should keep to 3 types max but it's a beginner game so I'm testing out stuff) of A330, B738/MAX, 767, 747 and BCS atm, but the ones I'm curious about are the longer ranged ones. My understanding is that high CI is critical for capturing business and first class passengers, but at what point would they start abandoning my flights?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: How much marketing/Company Image is "Enough"?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 02:44:11 PM »
Well, 5-10% is a rough approach. 10% is for new companies(might be even more, at least shortly), or when you struggle to fill long-range business seats.

The thing to remember is that CI won't help you fill your airplanes, it will help you fill them at a higher price. . There is also a threshold for business & first, which I don't know, but 50 company image is enough to sell this kind of seats.

In current GW3, there is a company that survived for 15 years at -100 Company image. He still sold tickets where he had no opposition, and probably his prices were low. He's now back at 10, and still in the positive. It's a regional company, he reached a decent size(50+ airplanes) with 0 marketing investment. Which means it's a possible strategy. Probably not the best one, but still.

22% is clearly excessive. There is not that much difference between 90 and 100 Company image. You can sell your tickets costlier, but not by that much. Problem is, it's insanely costly to raise image from 90 to 100. You should not have gone this way, but now that you are at 98, it would be really, really a big damage to give up right now. The thing you have to do is to grow your company bigger, so that your marketing costs are more diluted(as my french example - 100 company image, less than 3% of marketing - of course, that's a huge company).

Offline LRoDgy

• Members
Re: How much marketing/Company Image is "Enough"?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:41:07 PM »
Thanks for the reply, live and learn I guess   :P

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.