Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Russian Aircraft  (Read 438 times)

Offline Antoine

• Members
Russian Aircraft
« on: December 25, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
Could you run a successful Airline using Russian aircraft??

Lets say the demand is there ( over 400 Daily PAX for routes) with some competetion but nothing major

TU-154M for short haul
iL 96M for long haul

Could such a airline model be used?

If anyone has tried this before please let me know :)

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
Re: Russian Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 10:52:36 AM »
It's far easier on short haul. Fuel costs are not prohibitive over there. On long range, errrrm, it's really dangerous to toy with russian steel. I never played the TU154(not my era), but I'm pretty sure I've read players being successful with them. Don't push them at their range limits.

While checking the stats, I do notice that the TU154M is a single aisle aircraft with a rather good speed, and a long turnaround time. Which makes it unsuitable for very short ranges. I would advise to keep it for ranges between 500NM and 1500/1600NM(just enough to make a red-eyes flight), and replace them around the Y2K. The TU204 arrives then, it's not such a bad plane, but it's still a poor man's 757, with lower range.

Russian steel also ages bad(with the exception of SSJs, and partially A148), so I would advise leasing them new, for 7.5 years, and replacing them before the first D-Check kills you. As they are much cheaper, their leasing cost should - at least in the first years - compensate for the increased fuel & maintenance costs. Later, not. A good western plane, 320, 777, 737, should be used up to the third D-Check(around 24 years of age), but russian birds, never above 16 years, and ideally not even 8 years(except for some recent models). It's a sound strategy if and only if they are vastly cheaper than their western counterparts to buy/lease. In current GW3, it's year 2026, the A148B costs 19M$, the MRJ70LR 31M$ - it's not enough to justify Russian steel. I've seen the MRJ go up to 60M$, and then, suddenly, the A148 makes a lot of sense.

TL;DR : can work, at least for the TU154, but be careful of aging planes and your niche(500-1600NM, I'd say, without being sure).

Offline wapp11

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Russian Aircraft
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »
I had a large fleet of TU-134s out of Denver once, I think it was around 150 or so.  Of course I had some other fleet types that weren't Russian, but if I had just the TU-134s I would have been making good money.  I was launch customer on 50 of them, so it made the cost really low.  However I only kept them until the second D check, being replaced by Fokkers.  In my current game world, I had some IL-18s early on and they performed well for what I used them for.  Had them for a 5 year lease while waiting for better A/C to arrive. I have never tried a strictly Russian airline.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.