Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Add route to schedule modal  (Read 565 times)

Offline LemonButt

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
Add route to schedule modal
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:14:30 PM »
The add route modal leaves much to be desired when it comes to 7 day scheduling.  Attached is what the current (top) and proposed (bottom) would look like for grouping routes that share the same flight number.

Right now the current modal shows the origin airport--this is redundant as you can't assign a flight on an aircraft that doesn't originate at the aircraft's base airport.  As a result, the destination is the only label that really needs to be added.

Grouping by flight number allows you to put far more information on the page so instead of having 4 pages of routes and having to reopen the modal 4x to build a full week schedule for an aircraft, you can do it with less reopens and much more sanity.

Also the "View route" link needs to be target="_blank" to open in a new window.

Alternatively, I think ALL flights could be displayed this way, so an everyday flight would have Days: 1234567 with a checkbox for consistency.  Regardless, I've got "modal fatigue" from seven day scheduling and thought I'd throw this out there.

Offline LemonButt

• Members
Re: Add route to schedule modal
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 03:28:10 PM »
Actually if we can just get a drop down filter to filter the routes by day of week, that would be awesome.  It would basically be selecting the day 1-7 and just finding all available flights that have that day number in it.

Offline Zombie Slayer

• Members
Re: Add route to schedule modal
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 03:43:15 PM »
Yes. Please. The current system requires so many extra, unnecessary clicks its maddening.
Co-founder Elite Worldwide Alliance
PacAir President and CEO
Designated "Tier 1" Opponent

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.