Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Aircraft #Historic data in airline info page  (Read 450 times)

Offline arefixz

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Aircraft #Historic data in airline info page
« on: October 11, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
I was browsing plane histories in planespotters.net and thought on an idea of aircraft historic in aws.
For the sake of example, see BAW histories, https://www.planespotters.net/airline/British-Airways
We can observe that they also use B732-B735 in the past and the aircraft fate now(in AWS, they are linked to #MSN)

Currently in our Airline info page(subsection aircraft fleet), we have these labels to indicate status of our plane.
# In Use(own/lsd)      # On Order    # For Sale     # Stored      # Leased Out

Once aircraft that we use returned after lease or aircraft owned sold/scrap, we lost track of ownership/operation history of those aircraft. Also I noticed when all aircraft of that certain type is scrapped, the data of that aircraft will be wiped out from aircraft info database, completely wipe out all the histories and memories that player had with that aircraft.

Therefore I would like to propose a new label/data  # Historic   in airline page. This will be very helpful and nostalgic especially in long GW 1950-2040 in which we play more than a year. By the time we reach 2030 in GW, surely most of us forget what aircraft we started with, either C46 Commando or DC3. We can also summarize fleet usage history throughout GW after it ends and log its data with our account. Again I'm sure we didn't even remember our airlines that we used to play in AWS back in 2015-2017.

Aircraft that will be in # Historic   are those that is leased and returned, bought and sold, owned and scrapped. In other word, any aircraft that has our airline name in their #MSN history should be logged in our airline Historic.
To avoid clutter/confusion with present aircraft data, this Historic can be place in a new subsection beside aircraft fleet in airline info page. The data to be place with them are aircraft #MSN in hyperlink. This are the most important and to be made available first. Other improvement includes aircraft fate and operation duration history can be made later.

Do give a thought about this. Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 04:44:14 PM by arefixz »

Offline SwizzAir

• Members
Re: Aircraft #Historic data in airline info page
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:57:21 PM »
Just the other day, I was wondering, 'whatever happened to the Boeing 757?' BA has retired them all now, but I remember it being one of the nicest planes I've flown on. So graceful - hardly knew I'd left the ground or landed back on it.

I think this is a good idea.

Cheers.

Offline DanDan

• Members
Re: Aircraft #Historic data in airline info page
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 06:45:23 PM »
already one available:
something similar:

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79852.0.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 06:57:03 PM by dandan »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.