Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Best Flight Time  (Read 205 times)

Offline OrangeMan

• Members
Best Flight Time
« on: June 14, 2018, 10:31:42 AM »
How do I know which best flight schedule/time to maximize my profits?

Offline Cedric3108

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Best Flight Time
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 01:17:57 PM »
There is a very good tutorial on scheduling by Gazzz, you can find it in the general section.

To quickly answer: during the day, all times are equally fine. So best times are anything from 0600 - 2255 local time. There is a small impact for early and late flights. So departures and or arrivals from 0500 - 0555 and 2300 - 2355 are slightly less desirable. Night flights are only effected negatively if they start or land from 0000 - 0455, if you do a red-eye that bridges the night, it's also not effected.

First rule of scheduling is to keep your airplane in the air as much as possible.

Good luck and cheers,
Cedric

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 02:05:03 PM »
Thanks Cedric for your appreciation.

Both my tutorials are aimed at costs - maximizing time flying is minimizing costs, after all. But the question is about profits, which is a larger topic. As profit is income minus costs. As a healthy company has more income than expenses, the income part is even more important than expenses.

The "don't take off or land at night" advise is actually on the income side, and is deadly important. The income loss is important(but sometimes worth it) for landing at night. It's catastrophic for taking off at night(and I haven't found any situation where it's worth it, though I might lack imagination).

The other advice I'd give is that while "red eyes" is that they kick ass, they are to look for(because of the reduced costs, whatever planning you are using, 6-days, 7-days, 7-days 7-planes, or standard simple), they are to be planned...as long as they make sense. LH flights can be money sinks, and while it's often tempting to open a LH line to fill a schedule and fly more, it's not always worth it. It requires some game experience to assess whether a flight will be or nto profitable, though. But in case of doubt, it might be wise, business speaking, to bypass some dangerous LH destinations and do a less elegant planning.

Of course, if the LH flights are worth flying, be sure to fly them(red eyes as much as possible). But resist the temptation to fly long, thin lines, that will lose money for months, and do at best marginal profit later.

(and be sure to meddle with pricing and find what work best for you).

Offline OrangeMan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 04:55:30 PM »
Thank you Gazzz and Cedric. Very good points mentioned here. I still dont find them helpful to me. It could be that because I am new that still seem to be missing somethig here. I have 4 757s 2 are generating good profits but the other 2 are way below there and arent generatig profits cosidering that the airport are good and have much passengers availble and my supply isnt more than the demand. If you could help me please.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 05:03:04 PM by OrangeMan »

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 08:07:45 PM »
We need more info : what is the planning what are the route, what is the demand on the routes, and what is the opposition on the routes?

plus, is route image already high, or still low?

Offline stealy

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 12:00:34 PM »
Thank you Gazzz and Cedric. Very good points mentioned here. I still dont find them helpful to me. It could be that because I am new that still seem to be missing somethig here. I have 4 757s 2 are generating good profits but the other 2 are way below there and arent generatig profits cosidering that the airport are good and have much passengers available and my supply isnt more than the demand. If you could help me please.

I have a theory... but I could be wrong.

When you open your first route, you get a bonus on route image (RI). You get bonus RI for your second route as well... not sure about the rest. Route image (along with other factors, but RI matters the most) determines how many passengers you will get flying that route. The higher the RI, the better.

My theory is that your 757s that are generating profits are the ones flying your first few routes with high RI. Your 757s not generating profits are the ones flying routes with RI of zero. It doesn't matter if your supply is below the demand. You will not be able to carry all the potential passengers until your RI reaches 100.

Offline OrangeMan

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 05:46:53 PM »
I have made a marketing for those 2 routes.
They are building up, though very slow. But that's alright.

questions:
1. How long should i run that marketing?
2. Where do i see that RI rating?

Appreciate the help.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 06:02:46 PM »
1. How long should i run that marketing?

until RI reaches 100, its maximum

2. Where do i see that RI rating?

Office - route image(gives you them all).

or Routes - manage routes - select one route to have its route image.

Offline OrangeMan

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2018, 10:23:40 AM »
Found it. Slowly learning the ropes.

Are they limited to only 6 slots because I am playing trial or do they get more when I play paid?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2018, 11:00:44 AM »
until RI reaches 100, its maximum

Ehm, Gazzz, you've probably gone too fast on these: route marketing shouldn't be run until RI reaches 100, it's a complete waste of money, I think you'll agree with me.

@OrangeMan: route marketing is useful in the beginning, when your airline is still pretty young and needs a little boost. Will become useless later on, at least for SH/MH. So in your case, just starting with 4 757, I'd advise you to run campaigns with newspaper for 4 or 5 weeks, depending on the route length (the longer the route, the longer the campaign).

But if you're using "easy start", the 1st 4 or 5 routes you open got a bonus in RI (they start at 60 or so). Those don't need anything. Then, after that, it's the classic story, starting at 0. Those should be improved.

The RI will build itself without any intervention, flying it is enough for that. You just want to give a small push to the early ones.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2018, 11:02:03 AM »
Found it. Slowly learning the ropes.

Are they limited to only 6 slots because I am playing trial or do they get more when I play paid?

6 slots? no, there should be plenty of slots available, especially in a beginner's world
Wouldn't it be something with the A-Check, forcing you to cancel one of the flights so it can take place?

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2018, 11:44:51 AM »
I think the "6 slots" are a reference to the number of route marketing campaign vailable. This number grows up naturally, up to 30.

It's usually not a problem. Use those where there is potential.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.