Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Schedule of next game worlds  (Read 10087 times)

Offline ASAP4

• Members
Re: Schedule of next game worlds
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2017, 02:26:57 PM »
Any thoughts on the theme world coming up in a bit? I vote for Across The Pond

Offline arefixz

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2017, 03:04:39 AM »
Mini game? I vote for cargo only minigame, with demand 4x than normal. Finally we can see 747-400F takes place.

Online groundbum2

• Members
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »
whats next up?

Simon

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
Game World #4 is next in the pipeline, but a bit behind the original intended schedule due to some unexpected changes required in the system. But stay tuned for news :)

Offline MikeS

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 04:00:44 AM »
a hint on the starting year of the GW would be nice :)

Johan87

• Former member
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2018, 11:42:33 AM »
The greatest of the  game is that if you start in the early days,you can actually start with just 2 oldies like DC-3 and grow towards an real airliner of present days.

2nd advantage is that you have a gap between timelines of gw 1,2 and 3 in which the scenario is playing.

Offline yearofthecactus

• Members
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »
a hint on the starting year of the GW would be nice :)

Sami has already said the next gw will start in 1950.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2018, 07:36:22 PM »
The greatest of the  game is that if you start in the early days,you can actually start with just 2 oldies like DC-3 and grow towards an real airliner of present days.

2nd advantage is that you have a gap between timelines of gw 1,2 and 3 in which the scenario is playing.

Well, a lot of people did complain about current GW2's start, which looked a lot like what you are describing. I personally did like a lot, I had to bend my mind a lot to adapt and change my reflexes from GW3s I was used to. But not everyone did, by far.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »
Well, a lot of people did complain about current GW2's start, which looked a lot like what you are describing. I personally did like a lot, I had to bend my mind a lot to adapt and change my reflexes from GW3s I was used to. But not everyone did, by far.

The issues were mostly UM related, and most have been fixed when GW1 started.

Offline Luperco

• Members
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2018, 09:47:17 PM »
The issues were mostly UM related, and most have been fixed when GW1 started.

No, the lack of planes is not fixed if there a 10 years queue on 340 just after two hours from launch.

I never notice a similar behaviour in other game world.

But I agree: starting from 1950 is fun and I like it.
Saluti
Emanuele

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2018, 10:06:13 PM »
No, the lack of planes is not fixed if there a 10 years queue on 340 just after two hours from launch.

I think vast majority of the issues with the initial UM stage have been fixed, IMO, as far as quantities, balance of aircraft, useful production line not being needlessly closed at the game start, brokers holding back certain lines for no reason (only partially fixed, the UM brokers still hold newly constructed  aircraft for 3-4 years for no reason).

A lot of these have been implemented and GW1 had a very smooth start.

I think the "Newly Found airline" discount was still buggy in GW1, but it is hard to isolate and test.  It should really be removed (replaced with increased start up capital if needed).

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 02:47:46 AM »
Please no 8,000 DC3 at start.

DC4 at minimum but DC6/B or Connie would be ideal.

Johan87

• Former member
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »

Loved the early days as i was leading by far till 1960/61  ;D
What a difference with now he he  :-\

Johan87

• Former member
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2018, 10:14:12 AM »

Easy way to fix this is that a new plane have to stay with the airliner for atleast a year or/and have some flying cycles.
this will disourage people who buy planes and sell for max at UM ony for profits and no intention to fly them.
As this is a growing trent.
Disadvantage is that the people want to help alliance partners are trowed back too.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2018, 01:44:54 PM »
Easy way to fix this is that a new plane have to stay with the airliner for atleast a year or/and have some flying cycles.
this will disourage people who buy planes and sell for max at UM ony for profits and no intention to fly them.
Disadvantage is that the people want to help alliance partners are trowed back too.

Interesting idea. Though it would kill brokering, but also fast growth. A key moment for me in GW2 was when 2 alliance mates did feed me with F27s, which allowed me to get rid of both IL12/14 and CV440s, going back to a more rational fleet structure within a reasonable amount of time. I'm usually the feeding guy, though(75% with predefined customers and rather low prices, 25% with random and unpredictable results on the UM), and I would really lose a very nice side income.

I would not complain, but huge companies would be much harder to build. and even harder to maintain. You can mass lease old crap on the UM, I build my giant company in CDG last GW3 like that. But support from alliance was mandatory in fleet renewal(I paid them above market price, don't worry for them). Would make the "lots of planes" achievements even tougher, as you won't be able to plan your fleet groups as efficiently. Nearly another game.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2018, 02:32:33 PM »
Bad idea.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 02:39:38 PM »
Yep. Renewals would take decades on large fleets.

Offline MuzhikRB

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2018, 08:13:10 PM »
what must be done before start of new GW is the allocation of slots for new planes.  it should take at least one game month from launch to collect orders. and only after that start to allocate slots. if orders are too much then production lane should be increased from day 1.

allocation should be according timeline of placing orders (like now), but it will take into account all players.

usually it is 3-5 years from launch till certification. it is enough time to increase production capacity to meet the market demand.

Johan87

• Former member
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2018, 10:08:09 AM »
what must be done before start of new GW is the allocation of slots for new planes.  it should take at least one game month from launch to collect orders. and only after that start to allocate slots. if orders are too much then production lane should be increased from day 1.

allocation should be according timeline of placing orders (like now), but it will take into account all players.

usually it is 3-5 years from launch till certification. it is enough time to increase production capacity to meet the market demand.

Good idea,it gives players with less free time to game the same chance as the players who can check multiple times.
If after the line runs and new orders come,they just have to be placed on the timeline of the production as then th market rolls.already.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2018, 10:19:39 AM »
yep, I'm playing the "me fiiiiiirst" game too, but it's rather ridiculous, and as soon as real life takes some of your time(as it does right now for me, with my son who needs milk 3 times a night right now), it's getting tiring. and it's obviously unfair, clever tactics should play a bigger role than "damn, the A320-200 went live as soon as I was asleep, now I have to wait for 10 more years to replace my 727s".

I remember the time when I could play once a day, in the evening, and I had to be creative with my feelt choices(that's also how I ended up in love with A148s, 'cause Ejets definitively were beyond my reach).

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.