AirwaySim
Online Airline Management Simulation
Login
Username
Password
 
or login using:
My Account
Username:
E-mail:
Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history

Changelog and Previews comment thread

Started by Sami, August 12, 2015, 06:31:21 PM

DanDan

 :'(

Expected a bit more of a change before the GW2 start...

deovrat


DanDan

#282
Quote from: deovrat on February 26, 2019, 04:23:26 PM
Like pax CBD? ;)

not really sure what. just... a bit more than a few bugfixes, updates of some aircraft stats and airports.
like maybe aircraft-floorspace. or ife/passenger services. or passengers that can choose to fly on other weekdays if no service is available. or something like that.

diskoerekto

I've been waiting for 4-5 years for pax CBD and 6th freedom flights, and there's no end in sight

Tha_Ape

#284
Any chance the 747 combi will be featured in GW#2? With the new feature of VL combis able to carry HC, the 747 could finally be interesting ::)
Even through a mid-game update like it happened in last GW#2?

And the A350-900ULR, if there is enough data?
Singapore's current fleet building is almost limited to the 777, as the only other plane able to reach contiguous US is the A340-500HGW but the A330/340 family is globally a tad small for SIN. And not having fleet choices is a tad, ehm, annoying.

Thanks, Sami!

schro

QuoteFuel burn per Revenue Passenger Kilometre (last 30 days)  [new]
Fuel burn per Revenue Freight Tn Kilometre (last 30 days)  [new]

Sorry, but this isn't a fair scoring component at all as it's not dependent upon the choices of management (for the most part), but rather the location of the airline and where its demand is. For example, an airline in ATL with a thousand short haul planes will have a vastly different profile than a near exclusive long hauler airline in JNB or SIN. Why should an airline benefit or be punished for its location?

DanDan

Quote from: schro on February 27, 2019, 01:59:09 PM
Sorry, but this isn't a fair scoring component at all as it's not dependent upon the choices of management (for the most part), but rather the location of the airline and where its demand is. For example, an airline in ATL with a thousand short haul planes will have a vastly different profile than a near exclusive long hauler airline in JNB or SIN. Why should an airline benefit or be punished for its location?

well, it is much better than the previous "fuel per passenger", withozt considering route length.

Mort

Quote from: schro on February 27, 2019, 01:59:09 PM
Sorry, but this isn't a fair scoring component at all as it's not dependent upon the choices of management (for the most part), but rather the location of the airline and where its demand is. For example, an airline in ATL with a thousand short haul planes will have a vastly different profile than a near exclusive long hauler airline in JNB or SIN. Why should an airline benefit or be punished for its location?

Maybe you should stick to running a small regional airline then.  ;)

schro

Quote from: dandan on February 27, 2019, 02:13:43 PM
well, it is much better than the previous "fuel per passenger", withozt considering route length.

Prior metric wasn't included in airline score, thus the unfairness was immaterial to game standings. The new metric is less lopsided than the old one, but it's still fairly significant. It's also inherently flawed as it doesn't consider freight in the calculation, so you're getting fuel burned and no passenger credit there.

Quick comparison in GW3 - Owl Express (SIN - Left) vs Jet Black (ATL - Right)

Total Fleet - 694 vs 567
Revenue Seat Kms - 36,682 vs 31,532
Fuel burn - 439T vs 174T
Fuel per RPK - 145.5 vs 431.9

The statistic actually looks way off from reality, so maybe that'll correct, but regardless, I fly 20% more RPKs than Jet black while burning 2.5x more fuel. I absolutely can't compete in this ranking due to where my demand in SIN is (mostly Europe, 6000nm away). 

Quote from: Mort on February 27, 2019, 02:34:43 PM
Maybe you should stick to running a small regional airline then.  ;)

I do what I can

Sami

#289
Quote from: schro on February 27, 2019, 04:26:04 PM
Prior metric wasn't included in airline score, thus the unfairness was immaterial to game standings.

Yes it was. (Anyhow, the change in the fuel burn stat into fuel/RPK has been requested quite many times already and now finally was a good time to do that.)

And cargo has own stat for fuel burn, please see the changelog.

(and actually I see that the stats page is displaying them incorrectly, in wrong order, will fix that soon, ... and it is still lacking data until a few game months pass by)

DanDan

Quote from: schro on February 27, 2019, 04:26:04 PM

Fuel per RPK - 145.5 vs 431.9


i assume that yours is the right number and jet black the left one in this case? i havent found this number yet in my statistics.

+ didnt know its going to be part of the score

schro

Quote from: Sami on February 27, 2019, 04:30:19 PM
Yes it was. (Anyhow, the change in the fuel burn stat into fuel/RPK has been requested quite many times already and now finally was a good time to do that.)

And cargo has own stat for fuel burn, please see the changelog.

(and actually I see that the stats page is displaying them incorrectly, in wrong order, will fix that soon, ... and it is still lacking data until a few game months pass by)

I should have had my pitchfork out years ago then...

In related news, I did buy a pitchfork yesterday...

Quote from: dandan on February 27, 2019, 04:33:28 PM
i assume that yours is the right number and jet black the left one in this case? i havent found this number yet in my statistics.

+ didnt know its going to be part of the score

No, my number is the left one - the number clearly isn't right, so probably still waiting on data collection to right itself as sami mentioned.

VolodimirJohnson

When I complain (sudden ranking score switch), then I should praise, too:
The overviews concerning pax and freight are pretty interesting!

JumboShrimp

Quote from: schro on February 27, 2019, 01:59:09 PM
Sorry, but this isn't a fair scoring component at all as it's not dependent upon the choices of management (for the most part), but rather the location of the airline and where its demand is. For example, an airline in ATL with a thousand short haul planes will have a vastly different profile than a near exclusive long hauler airline in JNB or SIN. Why should an airline benefit or be punished for its location?

But it is far better than the statistics it replaces, which was just fuel consumption divided by pax.

JumboShrimp

Interesting that top cargo airlines have the lowest passenger "Fuel Burn per RPK".

Sami

#295
Quote from: Sami on February 27, 2019, 04:30:19 PM
(and actually I see that the stats page is displaying them incorrectly, in wrong order, will fix that soon, ... and it is still lacking data until a few game months pass by)

Should be correct now!  (forced stat re-calculation in all games)

Note that the fuel usage stats will be fully correct only after a couple of game months, since it takes the data from actual route history (not from the 'average total fuel burn' statistic as that is inaccurate if you change aircraft types). So during that time the airline score may also fluctuate a bit.

tyteen4a03

Has the new used market purging algorithm been applied to GW2? No sign of DC6 all day...

JumboShrimp

Quote from: tyteen4a03 on March 05, 2019, 05:36:22 PM
Has the new used market purging algorithm been applied to GW2? No sign of DC6 all day...

There were DC-6s on UM today.

Mort

Quote from: JumboShrimp on March 05, 2019, 05:55:33 PM
There were DC-6s on UM today.

Who had that last one reserved for you?  ;)

JumboShrimp

Quote from: Mort on March 05, 2019, 06:05:34 PM
Who had that last one reserved for you?  ;)

I stole it  ;)

(following the beg, borrow and steal strategy)