Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long-term playability brainstorming  (Read 8406 times)

Offline Springbal

• Members
Re: Long-term playability brainstorming
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2017, 09:40:28 PM »
some other thing, might have suggested it before adaptive passangers.
e.g. From Brussels there are some long haul destinations with 120 - 180 pax/day, wich is not profitable when operating flights on monday, wednesday, friday and saturday pax from tuesday, thursday and sunday could go to a day when there is a flight, making it profitable, and allowing more flights, also, just an idea

Offline Springbal

• Members
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2017, 10:38:39 AM »
another tought, when you order an aircraft, make it possible to put a deliverydate on it (taking other orders in accound). I think for long term games it would make it more easy for fleet renewal. In GW2, I have the Convair 880/990, but for phasing them out, I had to wait till the delivery date was more or less the same as when my lease expires.

Also thinking on maybe allowing a mid stop or so. e.g. Brussels - Tehran with a stop in Athens or so. That would allow you to have Passengers from Brussels to Athens and Back, from Brussels to Tehran and back, but also from Athens and Tehran and back. Off course, it slows down your flight, but it would be good for routes whom wouldn't be profitable otherwise. What I mean is the following let's say Brussels Tehran has 100pax, Brussels Athens has 350 pax, Athens to Tehrran has 100 pax. Apart from the regular scheduel between Brussels and Athens there can be a A321 flying fully booked to Athens, in Athens the pax for Athens leave the ac, the pax for Tehran board. Making it a longer trip, but it would allow more routes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:44:08 AM by Springbal »

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2017, 03:18:16 PM »
First bit I agree with, being able to select a delivery date, as long as there are deliveries before that date would be great. It would be stupid to request a delivery 3 years in the future when there are only 1 years worth of deliveries on the books.

Second one, 5th Freedom rights got out of hand once before and that is why we don't have them. I do think it would be good to bring them back for long haul routes would be good with a cut off point in terms of distance where you can board more passengers.

E.g. In the 60's a for a Final Destination 5000nm more, the intermediate stop you can embark and disembark passengers. By the beginning of the 70's you could put the limit at 6000nm, mid 70's probably 7000nm and probably by the early 90's fix it at 7500-8000nm. Which would open you up to some tactical decisions when ULR Airlines come about, do you try to fly some 7500-8000nm+ routes direct or do you pan on tech stopping them, opening you up to attacks from competitors who choose to fly direct and gain an advantage that way.

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2017, 05:46:26 AM »
5,000 is far too long for 60's at least until 68/69 when the better DC8 start actually arriving.

3,000 is a happy medium until 1973, I think.

Offline freshmore

• Members
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Yeah it did occur after I wrote that, that it probably should be 3500-4000 miles at the beginning of the 60's and late 50's and then at the end of the 60's 5000nm and then put everything else I said back about 5 years, so it's 7000nm at the beginning of the 80's.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.