Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Too Small - Penalty  (Read 466 times)

Offline DanDan

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Too Small - Penalty
« on: January 13, 2020, 04:14:18 PM »
GW2, DOH-VIE:

the B737-300/400/500 gets a penalty warning message (max seating is 189). The B737-600/700/800/900 does not (max seating is 189).
Any sense in that? How is the rule made up? I thought its about the maximum seating of a fleet type? Or are future aircraft included (MAX)?

Goddamnit! Sami! PLEAAAASSSSEE inform us how the "special rules" work, since common sense does not help with those.

Offline Lennertlenor

• Members
Re: Too Small - Penalty
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 04:20:28 PM »
I think for the too small penalty it looks at the average capacity over the fleet group, so for the NG it takes the max into account, and for the -300/400/500 it will be lower since you need to take the smaller variants in the group into account.

Offline Jake S

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 04:24:45 PM »
 But me opening a route that is 700nm longer with a A319 without a penalty makes sense then  ???

"People who invest in aviation are the biggest suckers in the world."

Offline sanabas

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 04:30:43 PM »
I think for the too small penalty it looks at the average capacity over the fleet group, so for the NG it takes the max into account, and for the -300/400/500 it will be lower since you need to take the smaller variants in the group into account.

Yeah, I remember the same. That technical reasons made it apply that at a fleet level rather than model level, so it was based on average size.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »
I remember too that it's based on the average HD (max seating) of the fleet. Thus, NG/MAX = 736+737+738+739+739ER+737ER+MAX7+MAX8+MAX9+MAX10, divided by 10. And give the high number of high capacity variants in that group, vs 733+734+735... You see where I'm going.

Then, there are also some threshold by distance. Don't remember the exact values, but when I was in SIN I had a thick route @2550nm with the warning, and a very very thick route @2450nm without. Which doesn't makes much sense, but I guess is part of the things you're forced to cut through at some point with the actual system.
-> just like the intl threshold being 2400 outside of own continent, and 3400 within (except in Russia, where you have 3400nm domestic routes on 2 continents :D).

The major problem in my opinion is that we don't know if the penalty will actually apply or not: just like different variants have different values for max MTOW with runway and range requirements, a "A319 will be too small" and "A321 won't be too small" (or the lack of the later) would be great.

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 05:07:18 PM »
remember the "too small" warning isn't a guillotine where it kills the route stone dead. it could be meaningless to LF, it could kill the route, so it's graduated in its effect.

Simon

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.