Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Thoughts for Future Games  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Tuckernut

• Members
Thoughts for Future Games
« on: December 18, 2019, 05:36:21 PM »
As the game progresses, I had a couple of suggestions for Sami and the group:

1.  I would like to be able to break down costs by base cities as opposed to the entire airline.  Sometimes you open a base that is marginally profitable and I would like to be able to isolate it and see where the problems lie.

2.  I would like to see more marketing options, like targeting one base for a general campaign rather than the whole airline and the ability to target specific potential markets like transportation trade pub;cations, trade conventions, etc.  Base-specific marketing would be very beneficial especially at that point where serious growth starts rather than at the early stages where you have to be cautious with every move you make.

3.  Loosen the requirements for making unsecured loans a bit.

I’d be interested in your ideas and thoughts.

Keep ‘em flying!

Tuckernut

Online Andre090904

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Thoughts for Future Games
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 08:08:26 PM »
Hi Tuckernut,

1) You can already do that. Go to Office -> Income Statement. Then select your base in the top right corner in the drop down menu.

2) General marketing campaigns affect the global company image as a whole. Doing a "general campaign" that is not general makes no sense really. What you probably mean is a base-specific route image campaign (promote all flights from a specific base for a given time)? If you mean that, I think it's a good idea since doing route campaigns for every single route is a really time-consuming. Other marketing options (conventions etc.) are basically just a play of words since the only thing that matters is money spent. If you spend it for radio ads or conventions, doesn't make any difference in the end. :)

3) I think it's just fine as it is personally.

What I really would like to see, though, is the option "Minimum lease time" when leasing out airplanes. We already have "Maximum lease time", so why not "Minimum lease time"? No more people that lease for 6 months, change the seat config and just annoy other people...

Offline arefixz

• Members

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 08:17:18 PM »
+ events that causes aircraft written off. It won't kill an airline to have slight misfortune as it will be covered by insurance. It's better than aircraft grounding that proposed by few players  months ago.

Offline Tuckernut

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 08:47:54 PM »
Hi fellow Airwaysimmers:

Thanks for your input.  Andre, yes that was my thought to be able to start a marketing campaigned targeted to one base city.  I’ll leave it to Sami to take a look and see if that is feasible. 

I read online the other day that one airline had a mishap while towing a 787 that resulted in severe wing damage that will ground that one airplane for some time.  I’d like to see us steer clear from anything where passengers are aboard but incidents such as this one, hangar scaffolding collapses, aircraft slipping off jacks during maintenance and so forth are all things that can and do happen in the real world.  Totally random acts would be interesting but since some players use the option to receive no emails there would have to be something like a “flash” high-priority way to notify the CEO when this occurs.  Like many, I have learned to keep emails down to a minimum.

I have always watched Southwest with interest as they have relied totally on the 737 since its inception.  A grounding of a particular type could have airline-ending consequences for those gamers that stick to one airplane type but a temporary grounding of one version of a type (say a model with problems with one engine model) could be interesting.

Andre—thanks for the heads up on the drop-down menu.  I keep bouncing between my laptop and my iPad (tough to work this game on) so some functions are not available with that.  Always good to learn a new feature.

Sami has created an awesome game here and I am sure he has lots of new enhancements in the works for us to work with.  I like the new configuration tool.  I would be interested in a history of the Airwaysim game, how Sami started it and when—maybe one of you “senior” guys here could put a blurb up there with the tutorials.  A history of the program.

Fly safe and have fun!

Tuckernut

Offline schro

• Members

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 08:51:18 PM »
I would be interested in a history of the Airwaysim game, how Sami started it and when—maybe one of you “senior” guys here could put a blurb up there with the tutorials.  A history of the program.

Part 1 - https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79661.0.html

Part 2 - https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79685.msg469753.html#msg469753

Part 3 - ...

Part 4 - Profit

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 09:08:13 PM »
Part 1 - https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79661.0.html

Part 2 - https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,79685.msg469753.html#msg469753

Part 3 - ...

Part 4 - Profit

You forgot to to include and nag Sami about: https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,81770.0.html

It is almost X-mas Sami... you'll have some time after the 20th. lol!

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline Tuckernut

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 05:29:56 PM »
Gee, and all this time I thought Sami was Chinese and lived in HKG!  In my next life I want to write code.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge and making AirwaySim such a great project.  Looking forward to part 3 and more pictures of the official mascot dog.

Gear up!

Tuckernut

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.