Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: ticket prices vs wages  (Read 576 times)

Offline groundbum2

• Members
ticket prices vs wages
« on: December 17, 2019, 12:36:40 PM »
I'm wondering whether my fares need adjusting.

I'm based in LTBA (Turkey) and country info says wages are 90% and GDP/person is $1100/pa. I fly a lot to Germany where wages are 156% and GDP is $9000.

When AWS sets the default Y fare for one of my Turkey-Germany flights does it take into account the relative wealth of each country? And would it calculate a different default Y fare for an airline doing the same route, but based in Germany?

I'm just wondering whether when optimizing fares I should look at the wealth of the countries involved...

Simon

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
Re: ticket prices vs wages
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 01:42:12 PM »
I'm wondering whether my fares need adjusting.

I'm based in LTBA (Turkey) and country info says wages are 90% and GDP/person is $1100/pa. I fly a lot to Germany where wages are 156% and GDP is $9000.

When AWS sets the default Y fare for one of my Turkey-Germany flights does it take into account the relative wealth of each country? And would it calculate a different default Y fare for an airline doing the same route, but based in Germany?

I'm just wondering whether when optimizing fares I should look at the wealth of the countries involved...

Simon

I think that's beyond the scope of this simulation, to have different wages for staff on the ground in other countries.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.