Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Diff L/S/H Cargo mix for outbound & inbound flights + suggestion for combi  (Read 466 times)

Offline Alpha

• Members
As demand, and within demand, demand for the type of cargo, fluctuates on the inbound and outbound legs of a flight between two city pairs, I would like to ask for a feature that will allow different combinations of Light / Standard / Heavy cargo mix on the two legs of a flight between two city pairs.

My preliminary proposal would be to add an additional sliding bar beneath the existing one for the return leg of the flight. By default the two bars will the same but players can move around the bar to allow specific cargo type combinations for the outbound and inbound flight.

Also, I would like to suggest that Combi aircrafts can also have a flight-specific cargo and pax payload, much like how combi planes work in real life - a movable wall between the passenger and cargo compartment.

This can be achieved by manually limiting the passenger of the flight, which is a system already in-game. If I limit the number of passengers of a particular flight to be 0, the plane will, in effect, be a full freighter. If the number of passengers of a particular flight is the same as a normal passenger flight, the plane will, in effect, be a normal passenger version.

In order to offset the benefits brought by such flexibility to combi planes, I suggest that an additional turnaround time (dependent on the aircraft size) is required where two flights do not have identical seat layouts.

Please feel free to let me know any comments regarding the suggestion. Thank you.

Offline groundbum2

• Members
with major changes to how routes are handled by AWS under consideration, could I ask that this feature request be included in the re-design. Could I also ask that I be able to limit cargo for each leg. We can currently set pax limits, I'd fiind it useful to do the same for cargo.

Simon

Offline sanabas

• Members
We can currently set pax limits, I'd fiind it useful to do the same for cargo.

I'm curious, what utility would there be, other than a boost to a meaningless stat, i.e. cargo LF?

Offline groundbum2

• Members
I'm curious, what utility would there be, other than a boost to a meaningless stat, i.e. cargo LF?

yup. which leads to airline score, allegedly how well an airline is. So led by the stats ;-) Who's not to say in the future we'll penalised for over-supply for cargo..

Offline TheEdge

• Members

The person who likes this post:
yup. which leads to airline score, allegedly how well an airline is. So led by the stats ;-) Who's not to say in the future we'll penalised for over-supply for cargo..

Which it probably shouldn't do given how asymmetrical cargo demand means you can fly 100% LF flights in one direction and 1% in the other... 

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.