Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Long Haul demand?  (Read 3508 times)

Offline Tomahawk38

• Members
Long Haul demand?
« on: November 22, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
Hi all,

I was reading into the manual about smaller airports being able to create long haul routes.

However my question is how is this possible?

Whenever I look at my smaller airports which have 10 million annual passengers and try to see route demand to Europe etc it shows up as 0.

Furthermore the issue of over supplying a route comes into question.

If anyone can give me some tips or shed some light on how to make a smaller airport more long haul friendly that would be great!

Many thanks.

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: Long Haul demand?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
I'm not sure where it says that in the manual but it's not my understanding of the game.

If you look at the information page for an airport bottom right it has a pie chart showing how traffic is split between domestic, international (<3500?) and long haul (>3500?). This ratio stays the same for the entire game, unless airports open and close.

So if your airport shows 0% long haul then there's no hope.

Cargo is slightly different as it's CBD based so long haul cargo could move to a small regional airport.

Demand does change through the decades to reflect the real world growth in air traffic. So a route that has 100pax in 1965 may well have 500 in 1990. But if the route is zero now it is likely to be zero in thirty years. The pie chart will show you the makeup of the airport.

Simon

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 11:56:41 AM »
Yes, I think that the "any airport can support LH" feat is something that will only apply once CBD is also applied to pax. For now, every single airport has potentially LH demand for cargo, but the pax demand is still static, thus if you have no (or so few) LH demand, that's it, you're stuck.

However the chart in the airport info page is not properly reliable. It sure gives you a rough estimate of the (pax) profile of the airport, but nothing precise. AMS has 1% domestic, theoretically. Well, that's even less than that, as the total domestic demand to other dutch airports rounds about 70-80 daily. That's not 1% of AMS traffic, rather 0.005% or something similar.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 12:42:59 PM »
As others said. The demand model for pax is old and static, and will be replaced once the new model(currently being used for cargo) is good enough. Which is not the case yet.

You're playing in medium regional Chinese airports. In the old model, those are just feeders for the big chinese international airports. And there is not yet any way to change that.

Offline Tomahawk38

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 01:19:30 PM »
Thank you all!

Makes perfect sense now, looking forward to the update to allow this!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.