Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Quality of Life improvements  (Read 3113 times)

Online groundbum2

• Members
Quality of Life improvements
« on: October 30, 2019, 09:36:01 AM »
I'm not in GW right now, so can't see for myself. Could a kind soul describe the recent QoL improvements made?

Many thanks, S

Offline DanDan

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: Quality of Life improvements
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 09:52:51 AM »
there are a few (minor) improvements with multiselect of aircraft. like one can remove from storage/place in storage many aircraft at once. one can also convert aircraft that are in storage now (nice one).

- what is still missing is certainly a "7 day scheduling"-assistant that allows for one aircraft to be scheduled and the schedule be replicated on others.
- also price management is still lacking a lot of functionality.
- missing slots purchasing is not really yet available (you can filter flights for ones without slots and then you open each and confirm again... but i think that has been the status quo for years)

also one thing you can try: there are 30 minute trials for any gameworld. so you can log in for a few minutes for free and see the changes yourself. (i usually do those free trials when i need to check out future aircraft's data)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 09:55:32 AM by dandan »

Offline SAUR E. SAUR

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 12:14:19 AM »

- what is still missing is certainly a "7 day scheduling"-assistant that allows for one aircraft to be scheduled and the schedule be replicated on others.

That's something I do not wish for. Want to eek out a few extra dollars? Do the (tedious) work. I usually run large airlines and don't feel it's a necessity. Do I sometimes use it? Sure, if the opposition requires it, but I certainly don't always use it.

darkmile

• Former member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »
The tediosity of price management was really what got me not to continue this game after the trial. With a hundred route going at different times of day at different LF%, it was impossible to continuously go through each and every one of them and adjust the prices up or down depending on what the LF% was.
A "simple" one-off setting with "increase/decrease price by x% if LF% is between Y and Z" that would go through each and every route automatically would help with this a lot.

Help with scheduling would also be nice. Currently, these things take too much time.

This is not a p2w game, so there should not be any factors such as "use more time with manual labor, get better results", but rather "be smart, spend less time, get better results".
For me, this game should be about choosing the right planes, choosing the right routes, choosing the right ticket prices, and that's it. But right now, it takes too much time and effort to do even those properly.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 10:57:25 PM »
The tediosity of price management was really what got me not to continue this game after the trial. With a hundred route going at different times of day at different LF%, it was impossible to continuously go through each and every one of them and adjust the prices up or down depending on what the LF% was.
A "simple" one-off setting with "increase/decrease price by x% if LF% is between Y and Z" that would go through each and every route automatically would help with this a lot.

Help with scheduling would also be nice. Currently, these things take too much time.

This is not a p2w game, so there should not be any factors such as "use more time with manual labor, get better results", but rather "be smart, spend less time, get better results".
For me, this game should be about choosing the right planes, choosing the right routes, choosing the right ticket prices, and that's it. But right now, it takes too much time and effort to do even those properly.

You can sort by load factor and multi select from the route management screen to batch adjust price if that's what you want to do. End of the day, when your airline is large one, it's not worth the time to micromanage prices.

Offline DanDan

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 06:45:14 AM »
You can sort by load factor and multi select from the route management screen to batch adjust price if that's what you want to do. End of the day, when your airline is large one, it's not worth the time to micromanage prices.

well, but you can only sort by pax load factor overall/cargo load factor overall. it would be nice to sort for eco/biz/first/light/std/hvy separately... but that feature request... well, its somewhere out there ;)

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 07:19:55 AM »

well, but you can only sort by pax load factor overall/cargo load factor overall. it would be nice to sort for eco/biz/first/light/std/hvy separately... but that feature request... well, its somewhere out there ;)

Get big, crush all, GG. It takes awhile accept that but, you'll reach the next level once you do  ;D

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 09:12:26 AM »

Bar a few strategic ones....which does not need that much time. When I had this company with 800 S2000s and 60 767s, I didn't micromanage the S2000's routes prices, for obvious reasons. Micromanaging the 767's prices, OTOH, was critical and strategic. Didn't tazke much time either.

Anyways, automation could be a killer, for ticket prices. "if LF is superior to 95%, raise prices by 10%" can be dangerous. Each time your opponent does a C-check, you increase your prices by 10%. Quite dangerous, and certainly not what you want. But clearly what you asked for. Even worse : "if LF is inferior to 60%, decrease prices by 10%". If opposition is big enough, you"re dead. You'll be 50% full with 30$ tickets, while your opposition will be 30% full with 150$ tickets. Guess who'll die first?

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 09:37:58 AM »
Gazzz is right on automation. However, without an automated feat, an easier tool would be really helpful.
In SIN, I got so many very high LFs routes that I don't even bother adjusting because it's too tedious and I already have a very nice margin and a fatty fat bank account. But in the end, I'm still losing tons of money there.

Offline DanDan

• Members

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 12:15:32 PM »
Anyways, automation could be a killer, for ticket prices. "if LF is superior to 95%, raise prices by 10%" can be dangerous. Each time your opponent does a C-check, you increase your prices by 10%. Quite dangerous, and certainly not what you want. But clearly what you asked for. Even worse : "if LF is inferior to 60%, decrease prices by 10%". If opposition is big enough, you"re dead. You'll be 50% full with 30$ tickets, while your opposition will be 30% full with 150$ tickets. Guess who'll die first?

maybe not make it automatic, but instead give you the tools to at least analyse and make a mass update would be nice. what people do with it and how they want to run or ruin their airline is their decision.

Offline MidWorld

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2019, 09:04:34 PM »
Right now the biggest time killer is schedule composition. I would gladly pay extra for software that would create timetable options that you can then finetune.

I hope, eventually this will be a more complex game with a gradient transition between low-cost, full economy, premium economy, business, and first pax. I also hope, we'll eventually get to do more about hard&soft product, hr, marketing, (eventually) transit connectivity etc. The game is fun, but too focused on operations, imho.

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2019, 09:24:54 PM »
I think this feature would have the biggest bang for the buck. "Replicate Schedule +1 Day"

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,78385.0.html

Offline Lennertlenor

• Members

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2019, 03:09:47 PM »
This issue could mostly be prevented by allowing us to set outher limits for the prices, like don't go below standard price and don't go above standard+50%

Offline DanDan

• Members
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »
Right now the biggest time killer is schedule composition. I would gladly pay extra for software that would create timetable options that you can then finetune.

I hope, eventually this will be a more complex game with a gradient transition between low-cost, full economy, premium economy, business, and first pax. I also hope, we'll eventually get to do more about hard&soft product, hr, marketing, (eventually) transit connectivity etc. The game is fun, but too focused on operations, imho.

i wouldnt say that it is too focused on operations - it is just limited to operations basically. since thats the only functionality, there is no need for "details": so you program your excel sheet and pull in all the data from AWS, that kind of does the trick and you just need to decide on fleet types and get suppliers that deliver planes quickly. to make it more challenging and compensate for smart(er) features, demand is set rather high. really looking forward to seat configs, service levels, pricing/marketing/connecting passengers/passengers that travel on a different day if necessary/...

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.