Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Capacity issue-767 vs 777  (Read 1041 times)

Offline zain.nensey

• Members
Capacity issue-767 vs 777
« on: October 15, 2019, 09:02:29 PM »
Up until now, I've been operating mainly 767s and some 757s on long-haul routes. The issue I'm running into is that there are many routes which I'm serving, but which require a much larger plane to meet passenger demand

The 767 has been fantastic for my purposes, but I tested an up-gauge to a 777 on one of my routes and it was quite successful. The only issue is that the 777 is so much more expensive than the 767, and doing so means I add the dreaded fourth fleet group.

Is it better to operate two smaller planes on the same route at different flight times, or to simply fly one larger plane? I've tested both strategies now and revenues and profits don't look affected.

Offline DanDan

• Members
Re: Capacity issue-767 vs 777
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 02:34:07 AM »
two smaller ones is better, especially once you have competition. just not too small (a penalty kicks in for those). but with two 767 you always beat one 777 as long as there is sufficient demand and range is not an issue.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: Capacity issue-767 vs 777
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 09:14:21 AM »
In absolute, you'd like to have a single 747 on your 450 demand routes, a 777 on your 350 demand routes, etc. But you can't have everything.
Plus, as competition comes in, being smaller really helps. If you can't fill your 777, better have a 767. If one 767 is not enough, better have 2 filled at 3/4 than a single 777 that would get ripped and finish at 1/2 LF once competition comes in.

It really depends on what airport your flying from (and not to): what is the profile of said airport? Basically, the 777 is restricted to large LH hubs (SIN, LHR, HKG, LAX, JFK, etc.) If you can fill a 777-8X, that's plenty of money, a real wonderful thing. But if you can't fill it...
And a few thick routes shouldn't dictate you a new fleet group: take what's best for your average demand.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.