Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Ramp checks?  (Read 1217 times)

Online knobbygb

• Members
Ramp checks?
« on: October 14, 2019, 02:14:44 PM »
What happened to ramp checks for aircraft flying with expired maintenance?

I've just been on holiday and decided to ignore one of my games for two weeks just to see what state it would get into - and maybe for the challenge of fixing things when I got home.  Right now I have over 30 aircraft flying with expired D Checks and not one has been fined/grounded.  Several of them are now flying with their D-Check expired for over a year!

Has this checking been abandoned?  If so - why?  It's an important part of the game and if we can just totally ignore D-checks then things become a bit chaotic don't they?

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?

The 4 people who like this post:
Re: Ramp checks?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 03:52:25 PM »
You have been lucky. Not everyone gets hit.

Or someone in your staff has bribed the FAA  :P

Online knobbygb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 05:42:11 AM »
Ha. Are you sure it's no broken? Has anybody else here had ramp checks recently?

I now have several a/c that are over two years past their D-Check and still nothing.  I've tidied up a lot now, but at one point I had over 50 with expired checks.  The system used to be a LOT tighter than this - you could get away with a couple of weeks, or maybe a month if you were really lucky.  It's not very realistic now.

Offline Verto

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 05:55:42 AM »
Ha. Are you sure it's no broken? Has anybody else here had ramp checks recently?

I now have several a/c that are over two years past their D-Check and still nothing.  I've tidied up a lot now, but at one point I had over 50 with expired checks.  The system used to be a LOT tighter than this - you could get away with a couple of weeks, or maybe a month if you were really lucky.  It's not very realistic now.

I think you may just been really lucky... in MT game had a few alliance mates experience ramp checks. Could have changed though...

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 06:16:40 AM »
in MT, looking at companies in the red during the 11/09 was fascinating. Some were struck quickly, and had no chance whatsoever. Some others did survive far longer. A few even survived despite being deep in the red.

of course, the solution is never to get in the red, which is easier said than done.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 08:03:10 AM »
Ramp checks have been subcontracted to, ahem, a famous manufacturer ;)

Offline George Bush

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 11:35:18 AM »
In MT for 9/11 I had about 60 aircraft grounded by ramp checks... So it works lol

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.