Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: seat config - air range - payload limitation  (Read 394 times)

Offline tt_airwaysim

• Members
seat config - air range - payload limitation
« on: July 09, 2019, 12:20:58 AM »
I fly Convair 240 from VTSP to ZGGG with distance 1259 NM. I configured the using aircraft until it can fly 1270 NM but why the system still limit the number of seat to 17 pax/14 pax. (the aircraft seat config is Y24)

Online dmoose42

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: seat config - air range - payload limitation
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 12:24:51 AM »
when you edit the route, look at the "Equivalent Still Air Distance" when you click the question mark next to each route. That will tell you what the effective distance the aircraft has to travel, not the stated distance in the open route menu.

Offline knobbygb

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: seat config - air range - payload limitation
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 12:21:49 PM »
To clarify, just in case that isn't clear,  this is because of headwinds in one direction.  You should find the aircraft will carry the full amount (actually more) in the other direction because there will be a tailwind.

Did you know you do not have to configure the aircraft until it can fly the distance required, as you have done.  You could just leave the seating as it was and it would just carry as many passengers as it could over the distance you fly.  This is more flexible (and cheaper) than actually changing the aircraft seating - it lets you use it on other routes to it's full capacity as and when you need to.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.