Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: New ranking calculation after 50 years (GW1-yr 2025)  (Read 433 times)

Offline VladimirJohnson

• Members

The 6 people who like this post:
New ranking calculation after 50 years (GW1-yr 2025)
« on: February 27, 2019, 04:29:38 PM »
Astonishingly there seem to be some bigger changes with the "new" ranking calculation... or am I wrong with this?   ???

In my point of view it´s not the best move to change the ranking(!) calculation within a running game... 10 game years before it ends.

I´ve lost my advantage of about 50 points to the second one (before the sudden switch) and dropped from one to three. (After several years on top.)
You see, I am crying like a little child who had to give away its puppet to another lucky guy...  8)

You know there are loosers and winners, f.e.
The former 9th is now 16th, the former 7th crashed to 38...
The former 4th and 6th are now on top, nice for them... and a lot of those who took advantage of this unexpected change and boosted their ranking.

I prefer consisted protection... for runnning game worlds and it would be nice to use the former calculation until this GW ends. ;)

Whatever... to continue the game with joy I know what I´ve to do:
Cleaning the mouth, wiping away tears, firing the corporate visionary and remembering that this is just a game.  8)

Offline Jake S

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
Re: New ranking calculation after 50 years (GW1-yr 2025)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 06:58:04 PM »
I really prefer people that completely disregards the rank system as it really doesn't affect you at all if you are in 1th or 99th place... ::)
Just my two cents on the matter...  ;)

"People who invest in aviation are the biggest suckers in the world."

Offline VladimirJohnson

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 07:08:06 AM »
I had to think about commenting on that. It's still quiet in gw2, so ...

You can talk publicly about things that everyone can see and talk about.

You can talk publicly about people you do not know, who you may not understand, but who you see as things.

But you can also send these people a private message and ask them about their opinion in person, before posting or "liking" a public message with implicitly pejorative message.

I wish all fellow players who see this similar, continue to have a good AWS time ... and everyone else too.  ;)

Offline Zobelle

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 07:15:35 AM »
I approve of this message.

Offline knobbygb

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 07:01:21 AM »
I used to be annoyed by this mid-game changes but now I actually kind of like them (and I dropped from 2nd to 8th in my game).  They actually add a form of realism in that real life politics often throws unexpected curve-balls at the industry (and all  industries in general) that may have big and unexpected consequences and demand a new plan going forward. So... things change and now I have a new challenge for the last 15 years of the game, to claw myself back close to the top by adjusting strategy. It actually makes the game somewhat more realistic imo.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.