Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Alliance CI based on Alliance rating.  (Read 554 times)

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members

The 4 people who like this post:
Alliance CI based on Alliance rating.
« on: February 17, 2019, 01:23:24 PM »
Regarding the new Alliance Rating: Great Update

Question: I recall that alliance Rating had a positive impact, in effect adding to airline's CI.

Can this addition to CI be visible, either on the alliance page and / or the airline page?

The alliance fees can be quite high.  For example, my GW1 airline has CI=100, but the alliance fees are greater than marketing spending.  So perhaps, there should also be a resulting Alliance CI that adds to airline individual CI that are almost equally the same.

The new alliance rating can in fact be this Alliance "CI" (or Alliance Image AI or just Alliance Rating AR.

Then, my GW1 airline would have a CI of 100 (my own) + 81 (alliance CI) = 181
The leading Sky Alliance would have this alliance CI = 91

Ideally, the combined CI would be used for passenger allocation also shown in statistics.

Offline groundbum2

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
Re: Alliance CI based on Alliance rating.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »
I'm not keen on this having a drastic effect on LF%, as it would force people into joining an alliance, which right now is by choice. Not everybody wants or needs to be in an alliance to play AWS.

I can see why Elite (cough) alliance members would want this as their hyper-competitive competitor squashing competitor copying style of fighting in the game (gameplay would be a misused word here) would be rewarded by such a huge LF% uplift, so the bigger get bigger. There's a danger that AWS will have 30 people playing it, tops!

Simon
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 04:55:50 PM by groundbum2 »

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The person who likes this post:
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »
What's true is that as most alliance (Sky, Phoenix, Elite, A-Team, etc.) have a 1% of profit membership, everyone gets the same advantage from the system, no matter what alliance you're in.
So yes, it would be interesting that the attractiveness of the alliance has an effect on the airlines that form it, thus differentiating each alliance a little bit more.

Obviously, I don't think JS would reasonably propose a CI of 181 or 191 for alliance members, and 100 for the lone player. But maybe, say, 1 or 2% more? Like one would get CI of 100+0.02x91=101,8 (102)

Or that CI is limited to 90, and the 10 last % are available only through alliances?
-> note that a CI of 90 is already plenty enough to fill your planes, as you underlined it recently, Simon

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 05:26:33 PM »
Like marketing, alliance fee = money spent.

With marketing, the goal is to earn a bit of extra revenue to offset part or more of the marketing spending.  Whether the marketing ends up as a positive varies from case to case.

The same should be the case with alliance marketing.  It should bring some benefit

Conversely, spending less on marketing, or not joining alliance, player gets to keep more of his money.

But since this would boost would be equal alliance-wide, I think it would bring back the team spirit, since stronger airlines would be helping weaker airline, and it could also bring back more alliance competition.

Obviously, I don't think JS would reasonably propose a CI of 181 or 191 for alliance members, and 100 for the lone player. But maybe, say, 1 or 2% more? Like one would get CI of 100+0.02x91=101,8 (102)

Or that CI is limited to 90, and the 10 last % are available only through alliances?

100 or 200 are just numbers, nothing magical about them.

10 could be more powerful than 100 or 200 if you are a woman and you are a 10.

The real question is the breakdown of individual and alliance contribution to final CI.  You expressed preference for 9:1 and I expressed preference of 1:1.

Offline schro

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 06:05:07 PM »
From what I recall, this already happens. Joining a high-end alliance should give you an invisible ci boost of about 15, which should allow you to offset the expenses paid in alliance fees.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 06:07:40 PM »
100 or 200 are just numbers, nothing magical about them.

10 could be more powerful than 100 or 200 if you are a woman and you are a 10.

The real question is the breakdown of individual and alliance contribution to final CI.  You expressed preference for 9:1 and I expressed preference of 1:1.

Not sure about what you mean, neither about that possible humor.
I'm serious, didn't understand it at all :-\

Offline JumboShrimp

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 07:41:04 PM »
From what I recall, this already happens. Joining a high-end alliance should give you an invisible ci boost of about 15, which should allow you to offset the expenses paid in alliance fees.

I recall Sami saying it was about 10 points of CI if the alliance had the perfect rating.  I thought it should be a little more than that, which would encourage more team play.

Because right now, as far as all of the game rules are concerned, every rule that is related to alliance actually hinders, limits or penalizes a player for being in the alliance.  So I think there should also be an offsetting benefit that is perceptible.

Also, in one of the feature requests, I envisioned this Alliance CI (or Alliance Image, or Alliance Raging) bonus being explicitly added to player CI as a tie breaker in the stats.

Not sure about what you mean, neither about that possible humor.
I'm serious, didn't understand it at all :-\

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/perfect-ten

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 07:32:46 AM »
Because right now, as far as all of the game rules are concerned, every rule that is related to alliance actually hinders, limits or penalizes a player for being in the alliance.  So I think there should also be an offsetting benefit that is perceptible.

Well, I'm member of Elite. It means that no other member of elite can land to my bases and attack me. That's a great privilege. It's a limit because I can't attack them either, of course, but I see the positive stronger than the negative, honestly. Sky or Phoenix can still attack me, but not Elite. think about it if all the best Elite players were allowed to attack your juciest base at once.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 07:38:10 AM »
These 4-alliances bases are usually very interesting. To look from the outside :laugh:

Offline Zobelle

• Members

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 08:13:55 AM »
These 4-alliances bases are usually very interesting. To look from the outside :laugh:

Sometimes non alliance players are equally as dangerous.

Offline Tha_Ape

• Members

The 2 people who like this post:
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 08:44:26 AM »
I know, it was just for the caricature of the place you don't want to be in.

Offline gazzz0x2z

• Members

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 12:51:37 PM »
I know, it was just for the caricature of the place you don't want to be in.

Depends on the companies you see landing there. When Tulip, Sirion, New World Order and Pacifica are all fighting at the same place, you know it's time to flee. You can't even exist with S2000s, they won't let you any usable(or even unusable) time slot. I'm not such a bad player, but I would be overcooked in less than one year, I fear.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.