Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: 31 hour flight everyday?  (Read 691 times)

Offline venuiyer

• Members
31 hour flight everyday?
« on: November 24, 2017, 05:22:26 AM »
I am in BGW1 and based out of SIngapore (FlyHarini). I could see that in the WSSS-EGLL route (SIN-LHR) its a 31 hour flight. But my competetion is able to fly same flight everyday :o :o :o. How is this possible? :( :( :(

Offline Helix

• Members

The person who likes this post:
Re: 31 hour flight everyday?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 06:03:19 AM »
Various tutorials are around the forum that explain things like that. Have a look around:

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71633.0.html

Offline venuiyer

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:36:24 AM »
Hello
Probably i am not explicitly clear about the schedule on how  a plane can start on the same day everyday when its a 31 hour flight. If the experts here are saying its feasible then i need to dig around. I have marked the routes in question

Offline Delta

• Members

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 10:43:46 AM »
Hi,
The answer is really here:

Various tutorials are around the forum that explain things like that. Have a look around:

https://www.airwaysim.com/forum/index.php/topic,71633.0.html

Note that he needs at least 4 planes to fly such a route you circled. He most probably uses 7, which he uses on other routes the rest of the week.

Online gazzz0x2z

• Members

The 3 people who like this post:
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 12:16:05 PM »
And if you are not interested in reading my tutorials(the second post in Helix's link directly addresses the topic), here is the short version :

In the game, you can create 7 times the same route with the same number, for the 7 days of the week, and associate them with 7 different aircraft.

On the attached screens, you'll see a full 7-planes, 7-days schedule I just made in GW2. Each airplane makes 15 flights per week, to 15 different destinations. I did put the focus on Porto's flight. I've got 7 differrent routes to Porto, one for each day of the week, leaving Warsaw at 0525. They are attached to 7 different aircraft. On the route screen, they just look like if it was one single flight. And 48-hours flights to Australia would look the same, as I'd set them up as 7-planes, 7-days schedules as well(just, obviously, there would be far less flights per plane).

Offline venuiyer

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 02:21:27 AM »
thanks a lot..Infact i did read your tutorial. However i couldnt grasp the aspect of everything shown as one single flight which got me confuised....thanks for the clarification

Offline AlanH

• Members

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 04:42:53 PM »
When I first read gazz's tutorial I was still a bit confused as to how it was supposed to appear, but it all made sense when I actually started making my own 7 day schedule. As he mentioned it works the same for longer flights that would overlap each other, here are my 41 hour ORD-HKG flights.

Shortly after one plane has departed Kai Tak for Chicago another is leaving from Chicago and they fly past each other en route. This way Flt# GN1623 departs daily at 2255, each day on a different plane.

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.