Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Beginner's World #2, new settings  (Read 2050 times)

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
    • AirwaySim - Are you the next Richard Branson?
Beginner's World #2, new settings
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:06:48 PM »
The new Beginner's World #2 scenario has been just opened.

This game series is aimed for all newbies and other players wishing to test different playing styles in an easier environment. The two beginner scenarios follow always the standard easy settings and same time frame as the previous beginner scenarios, and they restart about once every month.

This time the BW#2 scenario has new settings. The time era is now from 2015 to 2025!

Play it here: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/?gView=232#game232

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
Re: Beginner's World #2, new settings
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 04:05:50 PM »
The new Beginner's World #2 has been now opened. Join here: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/?gView=239#game239

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 06:41:27 AM »
Beginner's World #2 has again restarted per the normal scheule. The game is open now and available to join from this link: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/?gView=245#game245

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »
BW#2 game world has restarted and the new scenario is now open. Join here: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/?gView=250#game250

adamp87

• Former member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 06:47:49 AM »
Not sure when starting, been on 23:59 2 Oct for last 12 hours, not started.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 07:55:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads up - the calculation automation did not kick in, but I've said an angry word now and should be rolling any moment now.

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »
Beginner's World #2 is open again with a new scenario. Join here: https://www.airwaysim.com/game/?gView=256#game256

Offline MA831

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 06:24:36 PM »
Unless I'm very much mistaken (I haven't played in 5 years or so, so I could be missing something), cargo is NOT implemented in this scenario... but there are combi planes available on the market? What gives?

Offline Talentz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2017, 09:26:20 PM »
Unless I'm very much mistaken (I haven't played in 5 years or so, so I could be missing something), cargo is NOT implemented in this scenario... but there are combi planes available on the market? What gives?

To tempt you... image a world with cargo to fill those combi planes...

Now join that world on Sunday! 5cr required ~

Talentz
Co-founder and Managing member of: The Star Alliance Group™ - A beta era, multi-brand alliance.

Offline MA831

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 10:10:20 PM »
To tempt you... image a world with cargo to fill those combi planes...

Now join that world on Sunday! 5cr required ~

Talentz

Ha! I've waited more than a decade (!) for the damn city based demand system to get implemented (seriously, it was the big selling point for airwaysim way back in 2007), I wanted to join a BW to see how it's working after all these years of development, even if in an unfinished state. Needless to say, it wasn't a nice surprise to discover cargo is not on the menu. I think I'll wait a couple more years until the pax also get demand based.

Also not impressed by the DC9-30s and DC8-70s manufactured in 2012 in BW. Are such anachronisms still common across all game worlds?

Offline MikeS

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 10:55:15 PM »
Players are still buying Comets in 1973, GW2 . While in GW1 we are all complaining lack of older aircraft in production .... not easy to make it right for all

Offline wilian.souza2

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 12:46:08 AM »
Players are still buying Comets in 1973, GW2 . While in GW1 we are all complaining lack of older aircraft in production .... not easy to make it right for all

... there are also new DC-6s, DC-7s, Viscounts, Constellations, Convairs, Bristols etc. Stratocruisers were in production until 1972. What a vintage game!

Offline Sami

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2017, 03:55:06 AM »
Ha! I've waited more than a decade (!) for the damn city based demand system to get implemented (seriously, it was the big selling point for airwaysim way back in 2007)

The new demand system has never ever been mentioned in any marketing material until last year or so.

And I have no idea what you are talking about when you say about DC-8 "being manufactured" in 2012, since in the new BW#2 it is long gone. And the 70 series is available as used a/c and as conversions only (like in real life too). The 70 series is not and has never been produced by factory (conversion only.....). Though it is peculiar that MD80 is not produced while DC9 is; but there is the considerable random element involved (have to take a closer look on that)..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 04:08:29 AM by Sami »

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.