Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history
Main Menu

Chicago

Started by Jona L., October 23, 2011, 10:19:49 PM

Jona L.

Hello, all of you!

I am currently (till Thursday) staying in Chicago with my dad. We are planning (with a 75% chance to come true) that he will be cruising around some museums which I am not interested in, thus having at least half of a day for myself here. So I offer to anyone being in/around Chicago this Wednesday and is up for a spontaneous meeting to drink a beer or so together, let me know :) . As I am yet unfamiliar with the places around here, it'd be great if you could also make a suggestion where we can meet (cleverest would be the Loop due to the proximity to the Hotel).

Cheers, guys
Jona L.

psw231

Jona, I don't think you will be going out for a beer in Chicago, drinking age is 21. :( If you ever end up in Canada you should be good though as it is 18-19 across the country. ;D

Jona L.

Quote from: psw231 on October 24, 2011, 12:00:47 AM
  Jona, I don't think you will be going out for a beer in Chicago, drinking age is 21. :( If you ever end up in Canada you should be good though as it is 18-19 across the country. ;D

Beer can also be understood as coffee, given that I usually don't drink at midday... also no one yet asked for my ID, not at a restaurant, nor at a pub, nor at the 7-eleven store when buying a can of Fosters for the evening in the Hotel room...

cheers

slither360

Quote from: Jona L. on October 24, 2011, 02:28:33 AM
Beer can also be understood as coffee

In which language?

Jona L.

Quote from: BobTheCactus on October 24, 2011, 04:23:11 AM
In which language?

In the language of people meeting others.... I could have said coffee, which could also have been understood as a beer.... (at least in GER) this is common sense...

slither360

I have never heard anyone say "lets get a coffee" and then go get beers in my life.

Must be a German thing indeed.

Speaking of which, assuming that you were on the same flight as my cousin, how did you like your favorite airline having a mechanical delay? ;D

swiftus27

Many times I've asked a lady if she wanted to get a coffee some day and instead we hit a bar.

Jona L.

This is exactly why I love and hate this community... any topic you start off with is lost after a maximum of 1 page of post (or in this case after 3 posts already)..

My intention was less the discussion about coffee or beer, but more the point of to meet someone of the community.

Whoever it may be, I am open to meet anyone :) just tell me a time and a place to meet at, and I'll be there :)

cheers,
Jona L.

Quote from: swiftus27 on October 24, 2011, 08:12:49 PM
Many times I've asked a lady if she wanted to get a coffee some day and instead we hit a bar.

HA HA, great one ;D

alexgv1

Quote from: Jona L. on October 24, 2011, 09:14:34 PM
Whoever it may be, I am open to meet anyone :) just tell me a time and a place to meet at, and I'll be there :)

Want me to get a sly ticket over :P
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Jona L.

Quote from: alexgv1 on October 24, 2011, 09:17:50 PM
Want me to get a sly ticket over :P

if you can make it and afford it :) come here :)

Jona L.

Quote from: BobTheCactus on October 24, 2011, 05:46:53 PM
Speaking of which, assuming that you were on the same flight as my cousin, how did you like your favorite airline having a mechanical delay? ;D

a) Do I need to know your Cousin?!  - I guess rather not

b) He was DEFINITELY not on my flight... our flight left the gate just 2 minutes (so at 17:37MEST) late due to some granny in a wheelchair, thus no real delay asides we landed 5 minutes ahead of schedule (19:25Eastern)

c) if LH has a technical problem it is just 50% as bad as if it was on random other airlines, just because it is LH and LH is awsome!!