AirwaySim
Online Airline Management Simulation
Login
Username
Password
 
or login using:
My Account
Username:
E-mail:
Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history

What is the coolest real life airline name and slogan?

Started by MRFREAK, June 06, 2011, 02:47:24 PM

MRFREAK

What is your oppinion on the coolest airline name???

alexgv1

My Lovely Wife (currently starring in DOTM#2). My does she run up a heck of a credit card bill on all those 727s.
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

LemonButt

Quote from: MRFREAK on June 06, 2011, 02:47:24 PM
What is your oppinion on the coolest airline name???

F5 Air out of KEWR (Newark): Click. Refresh. Fly.  Because we know you just can't wait!


RushmoreAir


Ilyushin

I like the names:

Cathay Pacific
Aeroflot (Аэрофлот)
Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (KLM)

;D

I cannot care less about slogans though.

Tujue

Quote from: Ilyushin on June 06, 2011, 04:13:55 PMKoninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij (KLM)
Couldn't KLM come up with a name? Luchtvaart Maatschappij means literally airline and Koninklijke is just an honorary title given to certain companies, including KLM. ;D
Tujue Airways (🇦🇿 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇷 Tujue Hava Yolları / 🇹🇲 Tujue Howa Ýollary / 🇺🇿 Tujue Havo Yoʻllari / 🇰🇿 Tujue Äwe Joldarı / 🇰🇬 Tujue Aba Joldoru)

EYguy

The best one is Lufthansa... Nice livery, beautiful logo and the name just sounds cool! ;)

Ilyushin

Quote from: EYguy on June 06, 2011, 05:36:23 PM
The best one is Lufthansa... Nice livery, beautiful logo and the name just sounds cool! ;)

Nice livery? It's way too boring :'(
Luckily it is not as bad as the new Finnair and new Japan Airlines (though the re-introduction of the crane logo is great)

castelino009

SABENA :)

Société Anonyme Belge d'Exploitation de la Navigation Aérienne

MRFREAK

Quote from: RushmoreAir on June 06, 2011, 04:08:55 PM
I like Kulula (sp?) personally.  The livery is the best part . . .

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/flying-101.shtml

Hahahaha! The PIK part of the registration on that one, is a more harsher word for p*** in danish  :laugh:

GEnx

I like KLM Royal Dutch Airlines as well. It sounds and looks really professional.

Also I think Qantas and All Nippon Airways (ANA) are really well chosen names.

GEnx

Quote from: MRFREAK on June 06, 2011, 09:41:16 PM
Hahahaha! The PIK part of the registration on that one, is a more harsher word for p*** in danish  :laugh:

Same in Dutch. :laugh:

Brockster

I have to second Cathay Pacific -- I think it's a great name for a great airline. I like Qantas too but too many people think it's "Quantas" and I think Qantas even owns that domain name?   :P

I also really like a little regional airline in Switzerland called FlyBaboo. I'm not sure if they're still in business but I've had a lovely experience with them.

Zabuti

Quote from: Brockster on August 28, 2011, 03:25:33 PM
I have to second Cathay Pacific -- I think it's a great name for a great airline. I like Qantas too but too many people think it's "Quantas" and I think Qantas even owns that domain name?   :P

I also really like a little regional airline in Switzerland called FlyBaboo. I'm not sure if they're still in business but I've had a lovely experience with them.

FlyBaboo has been acquired by Darwin Airlines (based in Milan). But it's a REAL mess by now, they kind of cancel routes, and try to reorganize using mostly a Milan-GVA-final destination scheme.

The service is becoming awful as well. Too bad... I loved Baboo

Brockster

Quote from: Flobacca on August 29, 2011, 07:48:42 AM
FlyBaboo has been acquired by Darwin Airlines (based in Milan). But it's a REAL mess by now, they kind of cancel routes, and try to reorganize using mostly a Milan-GVA-final destination scheme.

The service is becoming awful as well. Too bad... I loved Baboo

That's such a shame to hear... :( I wonder what went wrong.

MRFREAK

Quote from: Brockster on August 29, 2011, 01:35:21 PM
That's such a shame to hear... :( I wonder what went wrong.

Im not a racist or something. But stubborn italian business men.

Dasha

I like:

IndiGo
United
Avianca


I also think Avianca has one of the best liveries out there.

Virgin Atlantic, more experience than our name suggests
- Virgin Atlantic

You never forget your first time
- Virgin Atlantic

The Spirit of Australia
- Qantas
The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything

Dutch



Dasha

The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes, decide everything