E-mail:
Edit account
» Achievements
» Logout
Game Credits
Credit balance: 0 Cr
Buy credits
» Credit history

Airbus A380 from superjumbo – 407 seats to Whopperjumbo 1,000 seats!!

Started by castelino009, May 24, 2011, 05:15:36 AM

Ilyushin

Did somebody say whopper?

Anyway, it's a bad comparison... they should've used the current max number of seats it is certified for (859 I believe?)

And also... will there really be so much interest in an even larger airplane?

Frequency -> plane size, not only in AWS.

castelino009

Quote from: Ilyushin on May 24, 2011, 05:19:22 AM
Bad comparison...

Journalist's have no clue about aviation and they always end up writing some crap. pic of 737 and they call it MD-81  ;D

On the other note EK is aggressively pressuring airbus for A380-900 model , probably CX & SQ are interested in a bigger version too

Cheers

Ilyushin

Quote from: V.Castelino on May 24, 2011, 05:23:16 AM
Journalist's have no clue about aviation and they always end up writing some crap. pic of 737 and they call it MD-81  ;D

On the other note EK is aggressively pressuring airbus for A380-900 model , probably CX & SQ are interested in a bigger version too

Cheers

Very true. I had quite a few laughs already with journalist articles!

Anyway, I hope a stretched A380 will look more decent than this horrible -800 does. Though they're not changing the nose shape. :'(

Curse

MRFREAK

And also... will there really be so much interest in an even larger airplane?

The arab world airlines wants the biggest and best. So why shouldn't there be any interests?  :laugh:

alexgv1

Frequency -> plane size, not only in AWS.

Yes but many airlines have replaced 13/14 weekly 777 flights with 7 weekly A380 flights on some routes. Because they are slot limited too...
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

EYguy

The nose of the A380 looks good IMO... Yeah, a 900 versione (stretched) would look good, a bit more "balanced" than the current one...

Edo