Writing my toughts down:
"onboard service" will consist of two modules:
#1: Aircraft equipment:
- To be adjustable under 'seat config' function
- includes settings for choosing following (available by certain game year): earplugs/music, aisle TV, overhead TV, seatback TV early version, satphone, seatback TV midversion, internet/wlan, seatback TV/IFE late version. ... what else?
- introduce a 'cabin condition' value as additional measure to control cabin's overall state; improves on maintenance and sets to 100% when config changed
#2: Service levels on flight:
- Own page to manage/edit/create
- Consist of two main modules, + additional module:
* Number of extra CAs. A/c data has the minimum requirement but additional attendants can be added for service.
* Meal service onboard
* (additional:) inflight magazine - three levels of 'quality' choosable, price depends on fleet size + a fixed cost.
- Meal service: system provides options for various meal levels from none to luxurious hot meal; user can combine these as he wishes, and choose if it's free or not. This creates a 'service profile' similar to seat config profile => The profile can be assigned to routes from this page, or from route open/edit/manage pages. Profile should be editable; affects all flights it's assigned to. Show price/(income?) per passenger when chosen.
- Internal value; service level points => Calculated for each profile from the level of service, used for pax calc.
- Default service profiles provided for LCC, commuter, shorthaul, longhaul for easy startup; not editable since computer-generated, but can be used by all airlines.
- Limits: no hot meal service possible for planes under 30 seats (max capacity)
- A/C config does not depend on ability to serve meals other than above; assumed that ovens and stuff are standard.
- Incomesheet; new row - onboard service (either + or -).
- Staff: no effect, except additional CAs if used in profiles. Catering bought from external suppliers.
- inflight sales (non-food/alcohol)? (too complicated probably)
- No effect to CI; but tie service level to RI instead of just effect on single fights?
- Need to order 3d models of seats/equipment/foods/.....