» Credit history
» Credits FAQ

Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 915 times)

Offline Jona L.

• Members
Chicago
« on: October 23, 2011, 10:19:49 PM »
Hello, all of you!

I am currently (till Thursday) staying in Chicago with my dad. We are planning (with a 75% chance to come true) that he will be cruising around some museums which I am not interested in, thus having at least half of a day for myself here. So I offer to anyone being in/around Chicago this Wednesday and is up for a spontaneous meeting to drink a beer or so together, let me know :) . As I am yet unfamiliar with the places around here, it'd be great if you could also make a suggestion where we can meet (cleverest would be the Loop due to the proximity to the Hotel).

Cheers, guys
Jona L.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:22:54 PM by Jona L. »

Offline psw231

• Members
Re: Chicago
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 12:00:47 AM »
  Jona, I don't think you will be going out for a beer in Chicago, drinking age is 21. :( If you ever end up in Canada you should be good though as it is 18-19 across the country. ;D

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 02:28:33 AM »
  Jona, I don't think you will be going out for a beer in Chicago, drinking age is 21. :( If you ever end up in Canada you should be good though as it is 18-19 across the country. ;D

Beer can also be understood as coffee, given that I usually don't drink at midday... also no one yet asked for my ID, not at a restaurant, nor at a pub, nor at the 7-eleven store when buying a can of Fosters for the evening in the Hotel room...

cheers

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 04:23:11 AM »
Beer can also be understood as coffee

In which language?
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »
In which language?

In the language of people meeting others.... I could have said coffee, which could also have been understood as a beer.... (at least in GER) this is common sense...

Offline BobTheCactus

• Members
    • AeroBlogger.com
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 05:46:53 PM »
I have never heard anyone say "lets get a coffee" and then go get beers in my life.

Must be a German thing indeed.

Speaking of which, assuming that you were on the same flight as my cousin, how did you like your favorite airline having a mechanical delay? ;D
Editor of AeroBlogger
If you're interested in blogging on aviation 3x/month or more:
http://AeroBlogger.com/Write

Offline swiftus27

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »
Many times I've asked a lady if she wanted to get a coffee some day and instead we hit a bar.

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 09:14:34 PM »
This is exactly why I love and hate this community... any topic you start off with is lost after a maximum of 1 page of post (or in this case after 3 posts already)..

My intention was less the discussion about coffee or beer, but more the point of to meet someone of the community.

Whoever it may be, I am open to meet anyone :) just tell me a time and a place to meet at, and I'll be there :)

cheers,
Jona L.

Many times I've asked a lady if she wanted to get a coffee some day and instead we hit a bar.

HA HA, great one ;D

Offline alexgv1

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
Whoever it may be, I am open to meet anyone :) just tell me a time and a place to meet at, and I'll be there :)

Want me to get a sly ticket over :P
CEO of South Where Airlines (SWA|WH)

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »
Want me to get a sly ticket over :P

if you can make it and afford it :) come here :)

Offline Jona L.

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 09:32:47 PM »
Speaking of which, assuming that you were on the same flight as my cousin, how did you like your favorite airline having a mechanical delay? ;D

a) Do I need to know your Cousin?!  - I guess rather not

b) He was DEFINITELY not on my flight... our flight left the gate just 2 minutes (so at 17:37MEST) late due to some granny in a wheelchair, thus no real delay asides we landed 5 minutes ahead of schedule (19:25Eastern)

c) if LH has a technical problem it is just 50% as bad as if it was on random other airlines, just because it is LH and LH is awsome!!

WARNING! This website is not compatible with the old version of Internet Explorer you are using.

If you are using the latest version please turn OFF the compatibility mode.